Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am currently living in London with tier4 and planning to apply for unmarried partner visa with my boyfriend who has settled in UK and has lived with me over the last 4.5years.

Due to lack of formal correspondence with joint names, we are planning to submit 6 individual items for each person.

But unfortunately, we have rarely received paper bills from banks, mobile, utility firms and so on as we have set up for paperless bills (e-bills) over the many years.

Thus, we called the banks, mobile and utility firms to request paper bills for the last 24months and were told that we had to pay for the each item(e.g. bills for each month), which could amount to £100 only for the mobile bills(charge£2 each month) and more than £200 for bank statements(£5 each statement).

I believe such amount of money I have to pay to get the paper bills(to prove cohabitation) for visa application is too much, therefore I wonder whether anyone could help me with alternative solution?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I can tell you from personal experience, the entire process is much more expensive than the actual fee for the visa. It's unfortunate that those companies are charging you so much, but I think you might have to go ahead and pay up.

I applied for a spousal visa, and the cost for the application is $1404. However, when it was all done, we've spent over $3,000 for everything involved.

Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the prompt reply!!

Wow that's quite a high leap from $1404 to $3,000!

Did you have to pay a lot to order paper bills too? Or What else have you spent on your visa application apart from the application fee?

I am getting quite concerned about the increasing extra costs…

·
Registered
56 Posts
We did decide to employ a solicitor in London to help us through the process. We wanted to make sure we did everything correctly the first time because it's such a huge deal. This was a big portion of that leap. Besides this expense, it was the little things that added up. It was about $150 for photocopies of the screenshots we organized from our Facebook messages, our Skype and FaceTime logs, $13 for UK sized passport photos, $20 for photos of us with each other and with friends/family to show we're a genuine couple, $11 for a certified copy of our marriage license, $125 to ship our support documents to Sheffield via FedEx from the US, and I expect just a bit less on the return.

We were lucky in terms of the documents my husband (sponsor) had to collect. He had most of his statements, and the bank was able to order them for us. It took time (10 business days, I believe) to get them, but we only needed a few. For the spousal visa, we are required to show evidence of the last 6 months of bank statements, payroll, etc...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you again for your reply.
You have been great help!
We have just started gathering statements and bills so it might take some time…
Hope everything goes well and I hope you have a wonderful life in England with your husband!

·
Registered
56 Posts
You're most welcome! I love being able to help someone if I can... even if it's just to let them know they aren't alone.

We collected things for a few months... it just takes a long time to get all of the documents from the different sources and get them organized. Right before we were married, we had everything we needed, and were just waiting on our marriage license. That made it easier to enjoy the day! :)

Thank you for your well wishes. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.