Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My fiance is from Bolivia and took her TOEFL english test on the 5th of May.

We are applying for the fiancé visa and need to apply soon as I only just qualify under the current rules about earning £13,700 a year.

We understand that the TOEFL organisation do not issue certificates from the test centre, and that they have to be sent from the USA which can take 3 to 4 weeks aft the results come through.

She gets her results on the 23rd of May, and certificates take 3 to 4 weeks after this to be issued. This leaves us running out of time and will make her automatically get refused on with salary requirements which will come into effect in June.

We want to make the application on the 23rd - I read on the uk border pdf regarding the English tests that they only accept original certificates.

Can anyone please advise a workaround? We are thinking of sending a print out of her online test results (she also has an IELTS but this is only valid for two years for some reason according to the uk border website and the certificate was issued in 2008)

It is so frustrating as the test is just a formality her English is superb, and the new salary legislation coming into practice is stressful enough and this this is the only stumbling block in getting all the paperwork together!!!!

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
39,085 Posts
Hi,

My fiance is from Bolivia and took her TOEFL english test on the 5th of May.

We are applying for the fiancé visa and need to apply soon as I only just qualify under the current rules about earning £13,700 a year.

We understand that the TOEFL organisation do not issue certificates from the test centre, and that they have to be sent from the USA which can take 3 to 4 weeks aft the results come through.

She gets her results on the 23rd of May, and certificates take 3 to 4 weeks after this to be issued. This leaves us running out of time and will make her automatically get refused on with salary requirements which will come into effect in June.

We want to make the application on the 23rd - I read on the uk border pdf regarding the English tests that they only accept original certificates.

Can anyone please advise a workaround? We are thinking of sending a print out of her online test results (she also has an IELTS but this is only valid for two years for some reason according to the uk border website and the certificate was issued in 2008)

It is so frustrating as the test is just a formality her English is superb, and the new salary legislation coming into practice is stressful enough and this this is the only stumbling block in getting all the paperwork together.
First, the details of change haven't been announced so it's all speculation.
Secondly, if UKBA says original document is required, you just have to supply one, and if you send a copy, your application will be rejected (it could have been forged etc) and you lose all your fees.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.