Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi is a bedsit/studio room eligible for spouse visa?
I was told i only need a room. The address i intend to apply is a building with multiple rooms which are let agreed. They include all bills and council tax. Would that be fine??? How would i prove i live there if i don't pay any bills thank you.
The property is a building consisting of 20 flats each floor has a separate room.. in the room there is a kitchen sink cooker and a seperate bathroom.

So would this be ideally ok for a spouse visa?
Also if on the payslips the first 3 have adifferent address and the other 3 different would this be ok?If i was to get a 2 bedroom house/flat just before the application with only me living there would that be ok?

·
Registered
465 Posts
A one bedroom place with a kitchen sink, cooker and bathroom crammed in sounds pretty tiny.

I think if you got a house it would be OK -- if you got an inspection note showing that its not overcrowded, and if you had a note showing they were able to live there from a landlord, or whoever owns it. But maybe someone else here can help you better.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Hi is a bedsit/studio room eligible for spouse visa?
I was told i only need a room. The address i intend to apply is a building with multiple rooms which are let agreed. They include all bills and council tax. Would that be fine??? How would i prove i live there if i don't pay any bills thank you.
The property is a building consisting of 20 flats each floor has a separate room.. in the room there is a kitchen sink cooker and a seperate bathroom.

So would this be ideally ok for a spouse visa?
Also if on the payslips the first 3 have adifferent address and the other 3 different would this be ok?If i was to get a 2 bedroom house/flat just before the application with only me living there would that be ok?
Bedsit for a couple should be fine may need a property inspection report to confirm the size of the property, but if you can afford to get even just a 1 bed flat that would probably be better.

Payslips with different addresses also fine just mention that you moved in preparation for your spouse to join you.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
They call it a studio flat no lounge just kitchen bedroom all in one room with seperate bathroom. Its in a building which has many rooms all seperare no shared facilites so would an inspection report still be needed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.