Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, Please help me as I need some advice. I have already submitted my 489 (Family Sponsored) EOI last month with 60 points. (261111 - ICT Business Analyst). But I received my new IELTS result today with 7 each.

My new score now is:
489(Family) - 70 points
189 - 60 points
190 - 65 points

I want to know which visa I should go for, I have been checking the reports regularly and I saw that no invitations were issued to 489 Family sponsored this month. I live in Victoria, Should I apply for 190 Victorian sponsorship instead of 489?

How long it will take me to receive an invitation, I need to know this because my TR expires in March, 2014.

Should I go for some other ACS assessment? Because I have heard there are no invitations being issued to ICT BA 261111. I have studied a Bachelors of ICT from Melbourne with Programming, Networking and Business Analysis subjects.

What will be the other options available to me if I do not receive an invitation until March 2014 and I want to stay back after March 2014.

Please note: I'll score 5 more points in January from my current job.

Please help me, I'll really appreciate it. Thank you.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi amit10,

the requirements for Victorian state nomination for ICT Business Analysts are:
IELTS: 7.0 in each band
Work experience: Five years

You can submit multiple EOIs at the same time - update your IELTS result and submit EOIs for 189/190/489 in parallel, if you want. The only downside to that downside to that approach is if you are really hoping for a 189 invitation but get a 489/190 invite first - in that case the system locks all your EOIs until you apply or the invitation expires.

The chances to get an invite for 189 with 60 points are very slim, though. See: SkillSelect report for date of effect etc.

What TR are you on? Any chance to get PR through your current employer via ENS?

Cheers,
Monika

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Hi amit10,

You can submit multiple EOIs at the same time - update your IELTS result and submit EOIs for 189/190/489 in parallel, if you want. The only downside to that downside to that approach is if you are really hoping for a 189 invitation but get a 489/190 invite first - in that case the system locks all your EOIs until you apply or the invitation expires.

The chances to get an invite for 189 with 60 points are very slim, though. See: SkillSelect report for date of effect etc.

Cheers,
Monika
@espresso: That information helped me too. But can someone apply for 190 & 489 in parallel ? I heard SA doesn't like people applying for other states besides it. Any idea if NSW follows the same property ?

I want to apply for 190 NSW & 489 SA.

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...iving-australia/269282-190-489-eoi-query.html

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Monika,

Thank you so much for replying. First of all, I didn't know that we need 5 years of work experience for Vic Sponsorship. Is it going to be the same case, if I change my Assessment from ICT BA to Developer Programmer?

Some of my friends applied for State Sponsorship and they had no work experience, I wonder how they did it.

Since we can only choose 2 visa in an EOI, so how can I apply for 3 visas? 489/190/189. Does that mean we are allowed to submit more than one EOI?

Actually my current Employer is a Hairdressing College. I develop their eLearning websites. They will be happy to sponsor me, but I have heard that I can not be sponsored by any non-IT organization. Is that right or wrong?

Waiting for your reply, Thank you so much again. Quite worried at this stage. :confused:

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Hi amit10,

Cheers,
Monika
Expresso has become Mod :rolleyes: When and how :israel:

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi amit10,

every state has different requirements and they change them from time to time. There are also special exemptions for recent graduates of Australian universities etc. You have to check each state migration plan and the requirements separately. Here is Victoria's state migration plan. As you can see Developer Programmers only need 3 years of work experience.

Your employer can sponsor you to an ENS or 457 visa if they fulfill the requirements and are willing to take up the obligation. They don't have to be an IT company but it involves quite a bit of paperwork for a company who has never sponsored an employee before.

And yes, you can definitely select multiple visa subclasses on your EOI.

@jre05: Just today.

Cheers,
Monika

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Hi amit10,

every state has different requirements and they change them from time to time. There are also special exemptions for recent graduates of Australian universities etc. You have to check each state migration plan and the requirements separately. Here is Victoria's state migration plan. As you can see Developer Programmers only need 3 years of work experience.

Your employer can sponsor you to an ENS or 457 visa if they fulfill the requirements and are willing to take up the obligation. They don't have to be an IT company but it involves quite a bit of paperwork for a company who has never sponsored an employee before.

And yes, you can definitely select multiple visa subclasses on your EOI.

@jre05: Just today.

Cheers,
Monika
Expresso, party please? ;)

Being mod takes a lot of your time to spend here :(, although you already spend a lot of time here helping people. :)

Few days back, I wasn't able to PM you, but now again that option is open ;) What you did :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Monika, once again thank you for replying. I already checked the state migration plans yesterday. Looks like there is no hope for me there, because I have one year's experience only and Victoria needs more experience. And Sydney has already suspended Developer Programmer Occupation from it's list.

I am sorry for so many questions, but these are my last questions:

1) My employer has already sponsored 3 to 4 people, who I know personally. Don't know if they have sponsored more people than that. So seems like that's one option, but I am wondering what occupation they will sponsor me for. Maybe I'll have to discuss with my boss? Can it be related to IT, but in a hairdressing organization? Or should it be related to something else like hairdressing only?

2) Can I apply for 186 straight away, if they get ready to sponsor me. Or do I have to start with 457. And if it's 457, will my current 1 year working experience be counted as working full time out of 2 years working requirement for 457. Or will I start fresh?

3) My 1 year's work experience completes on 21 Jan, 2014. Which means I have almost 2 months left. Is there anything I can do to overcome those 2 months and score those 5 points now? I am eager only because my 485 TR expires on March, 2014.

4) I asked this question before, but I forgot to mention. I have 485 visa, as I said it expires in March 2014, can I extend my visa for few months in case I do not receive any invitation until March 2014?

5) My last question, since I am scoring 70 points for 489 Family sponsored... all my friends are saying that I should just apply for it and I will receive an invitation in first round. However, my confidence has gone a bit down after reading the reports that this month no-one was invited for 489 visa (in the listed occupations on their website which includes my occupation as well). What do you reckon? Was it only because no one scored 70 points from ICT BA occupation? Or do they give preference to others, even if I am scoring 70?

Thank you Monica :yo:

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi amit10,

1+2) You should talk to your employer and read the information on the 457 and ENS (186) visa (see links above) to know what yo would get yourself into ;). The ENS has a Direct Entry Stream, but that's only for people who have never - or only briefly - worked in Australia. Since you are in Australia on a 485 visa, that would probably not be an option.

3) You can re-take IELTS to get more points but the work experience points cannot be collected early.

4) You can unfortunately not extend your 485 but need to apply for a new visa before it expires - then you'll get a bridging visa that allows you to stay in Australia until the visa decision is made. Worst case if you cannot get an invite: You may have to return to your home country for a couple of months.

5) Unfortunately it's not that simple. Your occupation also has to be on the (regional) state migration list and you may need to fulfill additional requirements (min. IELTS, employment offer etc.), just like with the 190 visa. Even with 70 points they won't invite you if your occupation is not on their list. By the way, 26 people received an invite for the 489 subclass in the 4 November round.

Cheers,
Monika

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you Monica. But with the last question I think you misunderstood me. I was talking about 489 Family sponsored visa. Not talking about 489 state sponsorship.

I am scoring 70 points for 489 Family sponsored visa. And I guess there are no minimum IELTS or work requirements for that visa?

26 people received invitation for 489 (Family sponsored).

1 person received invitation for 489 (State Sponsorship).

So my question was, do I stand a good chance with 70 points, for 489 Family sponsored visa?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts