Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dear All,

I am in process of applying for Immigration to Western Australia Visa subclass 190. My occupation "Insurance Broker" is already assessed by Vetassess as positive. As per CSOL the occupation is Available in western Australia however it shows as schedule 2 occupation. What does Schedule 2 occupation mean? Does it mean I will have to have offer of employment for 12 months to get my Visa?

Should I wait for new list to come on 1st of July 2015 and see if there is any change?
or should I apply for EOI now itself.
Please help!

Regards
Ajay

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hell Ajay,

Yes, Schedule 2 Means you have to have a job offer in order to get a visa grant and the offer should be for a minimum duration of 12 months. It's a tricky situation. Not many employers in Australia are interested in hiring a candidate unless they have exceptional skills.

If you apply for EOI now for WA, you will certainly get an invitiation but there will be a clause to show proof of employment within 28 days. So be aware of it before applying. Like you, many are hoping and praying that things will change from 1st of July...

Cheers and All the BEST!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts