Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have a query regarding a work exp that I was unable to mention during my ACS.
My work exp is as below:

Company 1 Jun-05 Feb-06 8 Months worked
Company 2 Feb-06 Sep-06 7 Months worked
Company 3 Sep-06 Dec-08 27 Months worked
Company 4 Dec-08 Nov-09 11 Months worked
Company 5 Nov-09 Aug-10 8 Months worked
Company 6 Nov-10 Nov-12 24 Months worked
Company 7 Jan-13 Oct-13 9 Months worked
Company 8 Oct-13 till

Total work exp 8yrs if calculated from Company-1.

My ACS is in Feb 2013 show from Company-2 till Company-7.

Company-1:- I was unable to arrange document at the time of ACS, hence I never produced any documents related to it.

If I submit my EOI and show my Company-1 details, would it be then considered.
If I EOI consider that 8 months, then I can claim 15points for 8+ exp. Else I will loose 5 points...
I do have all the relevant documents related to Company-1 till Company-8 at this point of time.

Please help!!!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
my work experience right from COMPANY-1 till Company-8 is closely related to SOL job code. 263111.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Hi All,

My work exp is as below:

Company 8 Oct-13 till

Company-1:- I was unable to arrange document at the time of ACS, hence I never produced any documents related to it.

If I EOI consider that 8 months, then I can claim 15points for 8+ exp. Else I will loose 5 points...
I do have all the relevant documents related to Company-1 till Company-8 at this point of time.

Please help!!!
I think you should only put what acs has considered. If its your current job the they might consider to the latest date.

G

·
You shouldnt have applied for skills assessment until you had all of your documents. At which point did ACS state you meet the requirements?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Hi All,

My work exp is as below:

Company 8 Oct-13 till

Please help!!!
Firiend, I hope you know that ACS has an almighty AXE waiting to hack 2 - 4years of your experience. Please plan your EOI well, dont over-estimate your exp points. I'm not sure if DIBP is using new rules for Old ACS results. That should be another cause for concern for you.

Cheers.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
You shouldnt have applied for skills assessment until you had all of your documents. At which point did ACS state you meet the requirements?
ACS states that I am suitable for Migration under 263111 and employment from 2006-till is considered.

Now, I hav another question.

Even If I resubmit my ACS with all details and Docs, as per new rules the work exp is deducted... now will DIAC consider my actual total work Exp or only that ACS has considered. The skill set calculates the dates that we provides in the details where in I will show my actual 8+ yrs exp and it will calculate to 15points straight. .

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Firiend, I hope you know that ACS has an almighty AXE waiting to hack 2 - 4years of your experience. Please plan your EOI well, dont over-estimate your exp points. I'm not sure if DIBP is using new rules for Old ACS results. That should be another cause for concern for you.

Cheers.
as far as i knw, for the old acs application the total years in the ACS result surely considered.

·
Banned
1,236 Posts
In most cases what will happen is that you won't be able to claim points for first company, and if you go for reassessment, 2-4 initial years will be lost anyway..

However, there are instances (although rare) where DIAC did actually overrule ACS letter (on positive side) so final say is with them. Thus if you can produce all the relevant documents for first job, CO might just consider it, you never know.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In most cases what will happen is that you won't be able to claim points for first company, and if you go for reassessment, 2-4 initial years will be lost anyway..

However, there are instances (although rare) where DIAC did actually overrule ACS letter (on positive side) so final say is with them. Thus if you can produce all the relevant documents for first job, CO might just consider it, you never know.
Hi,

I do understand that this is under rare circumstances, which I agree.

Just wanted to know, If I do submit ACS all over again, and agreeing that few years of experience is lost, but when i submit EOI, I will be provide of all the company that I worked, and this will sum upt0 8+ years and at the end of the EOI it will show 60 points i.e. for 8year exp i would have already gor 15 points.

I wanted to know when DIAC review my EOI details, wil they consider all my 8+ exp or stick to ACS result due to which I will end up loosing point.

Please put some lights on this... :confused::confused::confused:

·
Banned
1,236 Posts
Hi,

I do understand that this is under rare circumstances, which I agree.

Just wanted to know, If I do submit ACS all over again, and agreeing that few years of experience is lost, but when i submit EOI, I will be provide of all the company that I worked, and this will sum upt0 8+ years and at the end of the EOI it will show 60 points i.e. for 8year exp i would have already gor 15 points.

I wanted to know when DIAC review my EOI details, wil they consider all my 8+ exp or stick to ACS result due to which I will end up loosing point.

Please put some lights on this... :confused::confused::confused:
The trick is to declare all your jobs and tick "Not Relevant" the ones not considered "Relevant" in ACS letter, in this way the "NotRelevant Ticked" jobs will not be counted towards points calculation by EOI system.

Whether DIBP strictly adheres to ACS letter or not is entirely in their discretion. But normally if you are claiming points for a work period, that period has to be mentioned by ACS as SKILLED and RELEVANT, and DIBP will try to follow this practice first, later however, if they want, they can do other stuffs to let your application pass through if they feel your claim is actually relevant and you have all related docs, regardless of ACS.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The trick is to declare all your jobs and tick "Not Relevant" the ones not considered "Relevant" in ACS letter, in this way the "NotRelevant Ticked" jobs will not be counted towards points calculation by EOI system.

Whether DIBP strictly adheres to ACS letter or not is entirely in their discretion. But normally if you are claiming points for a work period, that period has to be mentioned by ACS as SKILLED and RELEVANT, and DIBP will try to follow this practice first, later however, if they want, they can do other stuffs to let your application pass through if they feel your claim is actually relevant and you have all related docs, regardless of ACS.

How about the cases where Western Australia and NSW do not have any minimum requirement of years of experience required.

No matter what how many years does ACS says is relevant of your total exp, as far as your have +ve assessment ... should be ok.. isnt it? My application should still be accepted and processed.

Only states like Victoria says min 3years exp.

·
Banned
1,236 Posts
Look the idea is, regardless of what States require,, if you are claiming points in your EOI for a work period, that period has to be Relevant & Skilled. Yes +ve assessment is all you need, but it is not safe to claim points on a period that has been mentioned otherwise by ACS.

States may give you sponsorship on a Relevant work, but DIBP will only award points on a work that is BOTH Relevant & Skilled.

Reactions: nishantpatil

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Look the idea is, regardless of what States require,, if you are claiming points in your EOI for a work period, that period has to be Relevant & Skilled. Yes +ve assessment is all you need, but it is not safe to claim points on a period that has been mentioned otherwise by ACS.

States may give you sponsorship on a Relevant work, but DIBP will only award points on a work that is BOTH Relevant & Skilled.
Thanks A lot Sunlight11

Now I get What you were trying to say.

So, rather than claiming points for work exp, I rather re-appear for IELTS & score Band 7 each and claim 10 points..
With Band 7 score and ACS +ve result for 7+yrs [excluding Company-1] I am good at 65 points.

So the best idea as of today is to re-appear for IELTS & target Band 7

Thanks Sunlight11 You been a great help.....

·
Banned
1,236 Posts
Thanks A lot Sunlight11

Now I get What you were trying to say.

So, rather than claiming points for work exp, I rather re-appear for IELTS & score Band 7 each and claim 10 points..
With Band 7 score and ACS +ve result for 7+yrs [excluding Company-1] I am good at 65 points.

So the best idea as of today is to re-appear for IELTS & target Band 7

Thanks Sunlight11 You been a great help.....

Yes you are absolutely right, instead of taking all those undefined risks... its a lot more practical to put some effort on IELTS and get 7.0 all.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts