Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

Want to ask we have all our documents ready to send for Sheffield but we still don’t own the house we will change contracts next week and I paid the half found for the house as I will move in soon

My question is would a signed contract on sale and a letter from the solicitor that written is I will own the house enough ? We are really in doubt and don’t know whether we should apply or wait for mortgage statement or title deed

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
252 Posts
From your post I don't know your circumstances in terms of what visa you are applying for, or if you have a current visa, when that expires, but a house purchase isn't sure until contracts have been "exchanged". So I would try and wait at the very least until that point. Then it becomes a case of could your visa app wait until completion. (the date of completion is usually determined when contracts are exchanged and tends to be around 3 or 4 weeks later, though it can be more or less).

I would suggest the later in the process the better and certainly not before exchange. If you apply after exchange you could ask your solicitor to write a letter confirming that fact and the date "completion" is set for.

The visa application is going to ask for addresses and details of where you live currently, i.e. at the time of the application.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi
Thanks for your reply. It is a fiancé visa we are applying for. Exchange of contracts hasn’t happened yet but will be next week and completion is 9 November.
We are just trying to make sure and what we will get is the contract and letter from the solicitor about monies being paid and completion is 9 November.
We have had our biometric appointment yesterday but just want to be certain.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Hi
Thanks for your reply. It is a fiancé visa we are applying for. Exchange of contracts hasn’t happened yet but will be next week and completion is 9 November.
We are just trying to make sure and what we will get is the contract and letter from the solicitor about monies being paid and completion is 9 November.
We have had our biometric appointment yesterday but just want to be certain.
Thanks
Until Contracts are exchanged you cannot be certain of the Completion date. The 9th November may have been suggested, but that could change, not through any fault of yours.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does it have to be the original? I’m not sure whether we both sign on the same document or is one signature photocopied and the other signs. Does this matter? What is the normal process do you know?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Does it have to be the original? I’m not sure whether we both sign on the same document or is one signature photocopied and the other signs. Does this matter? What is the normal process do you know?
Yes, although Solicitors can have a 2 identical Contracts which they retain until Completion. In your case suggest you ask your Conveyancer to provide a copy which is stamped for authenticity along with a covering letter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.