Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!
Oye, where to begin. Okay. So I have spent hours researching on the UKBA website only to find extremely general info on there. My fiance and I would like the answers to 2 questions. What specific proofs of evidence do they need (i want a very specific list if possible. The border website is waaay too general. Photos, letters, bank statements, whatever is necessary)and what amount of savings should he have in the bank as my sponsor? He makes around 21,000 a year in the UK.
Here's a quick run down of our scenario. I have known him online for four years now. But the first time we met was June 2012. I then went to the UK on a visiting visa from this past March to just getting back on the 5th of September. We wanted to try out being around one another and confirm what we already knew in our heart to be certain. Thus, I decided to come back here, apply as a fiance, and we will get married some time in February, provided the visa goes through!. He can be my sponsor and if needed, his family will put money in the bank for us if there needs to be a specific amount of savings in there before we apply. I would like to get the ball rolling on this asap this month. I obviously have been visiting the UK for the past half year so have not had an income, ( I do since my return last month) but is that alright as long as he is sponsoring me?
He and I do not exchange emails, but we have countless hours in conversations on Facebook, and as of recent, we talk on Skype quite often. I have met his family and spent time with them, even volunteered with his mom at her nursery this past summer. He has never met my family however, although they all know about him. We have nothing in a shared name because obviously, I would need to be a citizen over there in order to share on bills.I only have one piece of mail from there with just my name on it. He rents his flat with roommates, I did stay there this summer with the landlady's sisters permission.
Once there, we intend on finding our own place.
If someone could PLEASE PLEASE give me some straightforward advice, I would so appreciate it! Also, a realistic time any of you have had regarding getting a visa conformation back? If everything is in an orderly fashion, is it realistic to think I could be there by January?
Thank you to anyone taking the time to read this. I have been reading through threads on here, but decided to post my own in hopes I could have those two questions answered. What an amazing forum to stumble upon. xx Jen

·
Super Moderator
18,064 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh no no. I only mentioned that as evidence that I have spent a significant amount of one on one time with his mother. as proof that she knows me. nothing to do with the work aspect of it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi Jen,
Contents page
Application form
Appendix
Letter from sponsor (2 pages- with sample skype converstaions, 2 letters from friends)
My personal statement (2 pages- with photos anotated at the end - about 6)
Tab- passport and photo
Tab- Have you met
this contained a coversheet one page outlining our relatioship. Then photocopies of plane tickets, hotel reservations, holiday photos with family and friends.
Tab- living arrangements
Coversheet outlining living arrangements
then a page of photos of all or the rooms from the house where we live together. An email from the landlord saying i have approval to stay
Tab- marriage plans
Coversheet about plans we have to marry
Offical engagment photo, email to venues, email to Registry for civil partnership, photos of cards to congratulate us of our engagment
Tab- financial
Coversheet explaining our finances
My sponsors pay slips for 6months, bacnk statements, employment contract and letter from boss confirming work.
Tab- language requirements
Coverletter stating I'm Australian

I think that is it.

·
Registered
39,079 Posts
Don't use tabs or binders. Coversheets may be ok but not essential. All you need is to put them in a logical order by grouping together financials, accommodation and so on, and tie them with strings. Do the same with copies. This is the best way to present your documents to ECO.

·
Registered
558 Posts
In Philippines. No matter how nice or good you arrange your papers.. The VFS who received all the documents will mix everything up >.<

·
Super Moderator
18,064 Posts
oh no no. I only mentioned that as evidence that I have spent a significant amount of one on one time with his mother. as proof that she knows me. nothing to do with the work aspect of it.
There is no requirement that you spend a significant amount of time with a future in-law. That you've met is fine. What isn't fine is working or volunteering whilst on a visit visa. To be very clear, you are not allowed to work or volunteer on a fiance visa either.

It isn't necessary for you to have shared bills for a fiance visa and you do not need to be a citizen (which takes 5 years on a spouse visa) in order to get your name on bills.

He needs to be able to support you financially. If he is earning £21,000/year and has been in his job at least 6 months you can apply under Category A. There is no savings requirement if he meets the financial requirement by earning over £18,600/year. He'll need to provide you with the most recent 6 months of pay slips all of which must be £1550/month or more gross and bank statements and the last one of both of these documents can be no more than 28 days old on application. Here is a link to the financial requirements:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/s...DIs/chp8-annex/section-FM-1.7.pdf?view=Binary

He also needs to be able to accommodate you. If he is in a flat share you will need written permission from the actual landlord rather than a relative of the landlord, a property inspection report to show there is no overcrowding and a council tax bill.

You'll also need proof of relationship which will include things like Skype logs, email logs, call logs, photos together, itineraries, trips receipts.

You'll need to show proof of your intended marriage.

He'll need to write a sponsorship letter and you'll need to write a letter of introduction for yourself.

There's a lot of document gathering.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank goodness you told me about the volunteering aspect, I thought they might be happy I did something with myself while there other than sit around, but hey, I will follow the rules on that from now on! We have decided to use a lawyer to help us, but I still have a few questions. I know I can ask her as well, but I am wanting to be very thorough.
What do I put in the marital status if I am a fiance? Single or unmarried partner?
Is my mothers family name her maiden name or my fathers last name?
Where it says plave of issue on my passport is only United States Department of State which is the same answer as the issue authority. Is that ok?
If I speak English as a first (and only) language, am I exempt from the English language requirements? Many thanks again xx

·
Registered
27 Posts
I recently went through the fiance visa process and can answer some of your questions.

- put single as your marital status
- put your mother's maiden name
- my passport also states the US Department of State as the place of issue and the issue authority, so that's no problem
- you're exempt from the English language requirement as you're a citizen of the USA

Good luck with your application! I know it's nerve-wracking but I managed to get both a fiance visa and now a spouse visa so it's definitely possible :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jeliza, thank you very much. It is nerve wracking. I am apparently supposed to gather as much of the requirements as possible according to our lawyer and then if she needs more we can send them.i have one more thing. If I wrote out my intro letter on here, would you tell me what you think?

·
Registered
39,079 Posts
In fairness to other posters and regular contributors, please keep your questions to a minimum as you are in a fortunate position to be professionally advised, who should be able to answer most if not all of your problems. You are paying for their services after all.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Joppa- I apologise for that. I have been really sick the past week and had't had the opportunity to talk yer with my lawyer. I am sorry.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.