Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im really hoping somebody can help me here - ive just received an email from the immigration people basically stating that i need to have confirmation that i will have private health insurance in place upon my arrival to australia in order to be granted my visa.

however i cannot obtain health insurance without an address in australia from what ive been researching on line! and i wont have an address until the national health trust that have offered me my job on a 457 confirm which hopsital i will be working in - and i cant look for accommodation until i know what area in victoria il be working in. and they cant confirm that until my visa is apporved!

im hoping there is a way round this - and i hope my concern makes sense!

thanks, tracey x

·
Registered
1,010 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hi,
we had this last year, when i looked closer into it..............
well the reciprocal is enough until you get here, and most employers will accept even "holiday" insurance!!!!
Imagine that!
What we did was get medicare blue chip extras which includes ambulance cover, which is the key thing.(cost about $55pm, whilst we had reciprocal medicare cover)
The cost of full cover for a family of 5 was expensive, so we waited for pr to get cover, cutting the cost to about half.......so $2000pa.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What's PR?

Hi,
we had this last year, when i looked closer into it..............
well the reciprocal is enough until you get here, and most employers will accept even "holiday" insurance!!!!
Imagine that!
What we did was get medicare blue chip extras which includes ambulance cover, which is the key thing.(cost about $55pm, whilst we had reciprocal medicare cover)
The cost of full cover for a family of 5 was expensive, so we waited for pr to get cover, cutting the cost to about half.......so $2000pa.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts