Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to go above and beyond what they require too, please can someone give me some tips aswell as all the standard documents that they need?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Theres a list here in the forum that I am using I found it through the ukba in the USA Facebook page. But what no one seemed to have on the list were text messages and Facebook post. Im including both. We use this thing called whatsapp to text. It uses internet but works like regular texting and we have been using that since sept. 2010. And face book wall post. thats how we keep in touch. And we are adding that we video chat every day about 4to 5 times a day. And we are also including letters from HM forces cause he is in the army, to rxplain our living situation. And literally every photo we have taken since we met in July 2010. Im also including my stuff from when I served on the navy to show I wasnt in trouble and have my GI Bill to go to school and receive and income through the veteran affairs

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What is the best way do you think of copying all of your facebook chat messages, Skype messages/Calls.

Still hoping someone can give me a nice long list of things to collect on top of the standard things they ask for.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Well I we dont use Skype. But the Facebook if you go to your partners page while logged into yours you can see at the top-ish right hand screen there is an asyrik button and click that and see friendship and from there you can see all correspondence from eachothers wall post and pictures and comments. Just not your personal messages. :)

·
Administrator
50,009 Posts
What is the best way do you think of copying all of your facebook chat messages, Skype messages/Calls.

Still hoping someone can give me a nice long list of things to collect on top of the standard things they ask for.
The difficulty in preparing a nice, long list is that each case is different. You need to provide evidence to prove that your relationship is legitimate and documenting how long you have known each other and when and how you have met up face to face.

What specific documents you need to provide will depend on your exact situation. If you correspond by e-mail and Skype, then that's what you should include - or at least evidence of that correspondence. If you stay in touch by postal letters and telephone, then see what you have to document that correspondence.

If you've only known each other a short while, you may want to concentrate on establishing the type of "evidence" you'll need over the coming months and put off applying for the visa until you have the appropriate documents. Or if you need to save up additional funds or complete a job search, do that first.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I want to go above and beyond what they require too, please can someone give me some tips aswell as all the standard documents that they need?
For a list of the supporting documents you will need to provide to go along with your application, you need to go to the UKBA site and use the navigation bar links to find the right application and the download guidance booklets:

UK Border Agency | Home Page

Start your research for the correct information applying to your unique situation there, again, as I said, by following the nav bar links. It may take you several clicks to find what you are looking for, so I strongly suggest you bookmark the home page I've linked above.

Because everyone has their own unique situation, you really are best off to do your own research on the official site. Take notes-you'll find you answer your own questions most of the time simply by clicking around on the UKBA site.

Plus there are several really good threads here detailing personal experiences-you will need to read the indexes going back several pages to find the ones that help you in your unique circumstances.

Again, as you read and click through tonnes of good information in the threads here, take notes. If you really can't find an answer you need by 'doing your homework', I'd be amazed, but know you'll post the question so we can all learn from whatever the answer is:)

·
Super Moderator
18,065 Posts
The difficulty in preparing a nice, long list is that each case is different. You need to provide evidence to prove that your relationship is legitimate and documenting how long you have known each other and when and how you have met up face to face.
This!

And literally every photo we have taken since we met in July 2010.
This is really overkill. They don't need or want to see every single photo or every single correspondence. They just want to know that you've met face to face and keep in contact so a few photos scattered over the length of your relationship and a few screen shots of emails or chats or however else you communicate, over the same period of time will be fine.

·
Registered
135 Posts
nyclon said:
This!

This is really overkill. They don't need or want to see every single photo or every single correspondence. They just want to know that you've met face to face and keep in contact so a few photos scattered over the length of your relationship and a few screen shots of emails or chats or however else you communicate, over the same period of time will be fine.
Sorry I guess

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello. I need help, I just joined and I'm trying to apply for a fiance visa to go be with my boyfriend in the UK. I'm not sure what documents I need to gather or how the process works. If anyone can offer me any help at all that would be great. I need help :(
Thank you.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hello. I need help, I just joined and I'm trying to apply for a fiance visa to go be with my boyfriend in the UK. I'm not sure what documents I need to gather or how the process works. If anyone can offer me any help at all that would be great. I need help :(
Thank you.
Check out the UKBA website as suggested previously and read through previous threads. If you still cant find answers on what to do (which im sure you will) then people here will help. They have been very helpful for me. I have done months of rsearch online prior to joining this site. Researching really helps a LOT.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks, a few things we can not find the asnwers to on the website are

1)
evidence that you intend to live together permanently after you have married or registered your civil partnership
- WHat evidence would this be?

2) When provinding copies of emails and Skype conversations etc should we just copy them or should we make screen shots?

3) Should we organise and book a Church for the wedding and show this as proof?

4)
If the applicant is not from an English speaking country, or otherwise exempt, they must sit an English language test and include the results with their application
She lives in Tirana in Albania, and on the UK Embassy website for Albania and also the one you gave me it does not say where to go in Tirana to get a Approved English test for a Spouse or a Fiance visa.

·
Registered
494 Posts
She lives in Tirana in Albania, and on the UK Embassy website for Albania and also the one you gave me it does not say where to go in Tirana to get a Approved English test for a Spouse or a Fiance visa.
The list of UKBA-approved English language qualifications/recognised institutions is here: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/new-approved-english-tests.pdf - you will need to check the websites of the individual institutions to see if they have test centres in Tirana; the UKBA will not recommend specific institutions.

teuchter

·
Super Moderator
18,065 Posts
2) When provinding copies of emails and Skype conversations etc should we just copy them or should we make screen shots?
You should read through the posts in your thread. This has already been discussed:

They don't need or want to see every single photo or every single correspondence. They just want to know that you've met face to face and keep in contact so a few photos scattered over the length of your relationship and a few screen shots of emails or chats or however else you communicate, over the same period of time will be fine.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The list of UKBA-approved English language qualifications/recognised institutions is here: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/new-approved-english-tests.pdf - you will need to check the websites of the individual institutions to see if they have test centres in Tirana; the UKBA will not recommend specific institutions.

teuchter
Thanks, very confusing as I cant figure out the specific name of the English Language test or tests that they UK Ambassy would accept with a Fiance visa and the required pass mark needed?

·
Registered
494 Posts
Thanks, very confusing as I cant figure out the specific name of the English Language test or tests that they UK Ambassy would accept with a Fiance visa and the required pass mark needed?
I'm not sure what you find confusing, as the link I provided shows exactly that: the names of all of the approved tests/providers, and the required pass mark for each.

teuchter

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is my list of what I have submitted -

1. Visa Application Details
- Completed application form
- Applicant’s letter of intent
- Sponsor’s letter of invite
- Visa fee receipt

2. Supporting documents
- Applicant’s birth certificate
- Applicant’s passport
- Applicant’s old I.D book and military certificate
- Applicant’s biometrics
- Applicants police check certificate
- Applicants free to marry certificate
- Evidence of applicant’s English language test
- Applicant’s passport photo’s x 2
- Sponsor’s birth certificate
- Sponsor’s certified copy of passport
- Sponsor’s old passport
- Sponsor’s passport photo’s x 2
- Copies of sponsor’s parents bio pages in passports

3. Finance & Employment
- Sponsor’s letter from employer
- Sponsors employment contract
- Letter regarding scanned documents
- Sponsor’s pay slips x 7 months
- Sponsor’s P60’s
- Sponsor’s bank statements x 3 months
- Sponsor’s monthly income and expenditure
- Letter from sponsor’s mother confirming financial support and confirming payment of wedding
- Letter from sponsor’s father confirming financial support if required
- Sponsor’s mothers most recent payslips X 5 months
- Sponsor’s mothers most recent P60
- Sponsor’s fathers most recent payslips x 5 months
- Sponsor’s fathers most recent P60
- Sponsor’s confirmation of student status

4. Proof of relationship
- Photos of applicant and sponsor
- Engagement card’s from friends and family
- Valentine’s day cards
- Birthday card
- Print out of skype video call list
- Screen shots of facebook chat messages to show on-going contact
- Sponsor’s phone bills to show contact via text and calls
- Sponsor’s travel ticket’s to country where fiancé resides
- Photocopies of entry stamps in sponsors passport x 3
- Friends & family testimonials regarding applicants and sponsors relationship
- Correspondence of wedding plans
- Engagement ring receipt
- Receipts for trips done together

5. Proof of applicants future residents in the UK
- Letter from landlord confirming accommodation for applicant and sponsor (sponsors Father)
- HM Land registry deeds
- Annual mortgage statement
- Property inspection report
- Photos of house
- Photos of residents
- Household bills confirming sponsor’s parents address – Council Tax, Water and Gas/Electric bills.
- Bills confirming other occupants proof of address

6. Proof of commitment
- Confirmation email of Arabic language course for sponsor

Like previously mentioned though every case is different

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.