Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend has had her yahoo.com emails wiped.

This morning she was reading an email from a political friend here in Cairo only to have it completely wiped along with 7 others.

My friend is no more politically interested in things that we are however her friend is very active so I would guess it is the friend who is being monitored.
Just shows that in this new Egypt big brother is still watching.

·
Registered
11 Posts
A friend has had her yahoo.com emails wiped.

This morning she was reading an email from a political friend here in Cairo only to have it completely wiped along with 7 others.

My friend is no more politically interested in things that we are however her friend is very active so I would guess it is the friend who is being monitored.
Just shows that in this new Egypt big brother is still watching.
Our lawyer in hurghada also had his yahoo account hacked recently but has now opened another - NOT yahoo this time!!

·
Registered
836 Posts
Our lawyer in hurghada also had his yahoo account hacked recently but has now opened another - NOT yahoo this time!!

This is a big problem with web based e-mail services they are easily hacked .I use a local e-mail client Windows Live mail which downloads the mails direct to my computer then I go to the web site and delete the same goes for the mails I send from the client once delivered whipe from the web site.

I have also several pop3 accounts which are not web based but paid accounts.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Have a password that is difficult to hack, ie. uppercase, lowercase, some numbers, longer the better. Also, avoid public computers and web cafes. Can never be too paranoid. ;)

·
Super Moderator
1,781 Posts
Have a password that is difficult to hack, ie. uppercase, lowercase, some numbers, longer the better. Also, avoid public computers and web cafes. Can never be too paranoid. ;)
Have a look at Lastpass.com.....saves a lot of hassle trying to remember complicated passwords.:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts