Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Friends

I applied SA SS on 6th july. On 9th july I got the mail from my company that I got promoted. I didnot update the eoi by assuming that by SA SS application would be impacted because of mismatch in eoi and SA SS application.
I got the invite on 20th July. Now i am in dilemma what should i do, should i update the eoi because once i will apply for visa. Eoi will get locked.

Please advise what should i do.. After many years of waiting i got the invite. I dont want to ruin this opportunity.

I would really appreciate if anyone can guide me the way out of the problem.

Thanks
Sumi

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Any reply

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
You may need to give people more than 25 minutes to respond.

I don't have experience with applying via invitation process, but I doubt a promotion would impact your invitation/application. I'd simply apply under the occupation you nominated (as you've received a positive skills assessment under this occupation. Wherever you need to provide your employment information, you can now update it to say that as of July 9th your new title is xxxxxx.

Reactions: rahulreshu

·
Registered
965 Posts
It will have no effect on this. Put make the visa form and pay the fees.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Hello Friends

I applied SA SS on 6th july. On 9th july I got the mail from my company that I got promoted. I didnot update the eoi by assuming that by SA SS application would be impacted because of mismatch in eoi and SA SS application.
I got the invite on 20th July. Now i am in dilemma what should i do, should i update the eoi because once i will apply for visa. Eoi will get locked.

Please advise what should i do.. After many years of waiting i got the invite. I dont want to ruin this opportunity.

I would really appreciate if anyone can guide me the way out of the problem.

Thanks
Sumi
Firstly, Congratulations!!
Please proceed and furnish your promotion letter as one of the supporting documents.

Getting a promotion and not intimating isn't a crime! It was a matter of 2 weeks. You should be savouring the moment ☺

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You may need to give people more than 25 minutes to respond.

I don't have experience with applying via invitation process, but I doubt a promotion would impact your invitation/application. I'd simply apply under the occupation you nominated (as you've received a positive skills assessment under this occupation. Wherever you need to provide your employment information, you can now update it to say that as of July 9th your new title is xxxxxx.
Hey Maggie..thanks for your response...

I am aware of this I should expect answer in a little while after posting it. It is just that this question was killing me. It is after 4 years that I got a invite and I dont want to spoil it because of any stupid mistake. "What if" questions were killing.That is why I was curious for the answer.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Firstly, Congratulations!!
Please proceed and furnish your promotion letter as one of the supporting documents.

Getting a promotion and not intimating isn't a crime! It was a matter of 2 weeks. You should be savouring the moment ☺
Thanks.. Should I update the EOI with the new designation?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Thanks.. Should I update the EOI with the new designation?
I thought you have gotten the invite? If yes, you cannot edit EOI. You only can apply. So, while applying, you can write a cover note explaining the situation, along with the scan copy of your promotion letter.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I thought you have gotten the invite? If yes, you cannot edit EOI. You only can apply. So, while applying, you can write a cover note explaining the situation, along with the scan copy of your promotion letter.
Thanks So much for the reply. I will definately provide the cover letter. There is one thing...Should I provide the cover letter while uploading the other docs??

·
Registered
391 Posts
Thanks So much for the reply. I will definately provide the cover letter. There is one thing...Should I provide the cover letter while uploading the other docs??
Whatever is convenient. I wud scan the cover along with the promotion letter and upload. If possible, consolidate all docs from one company

1 - 10 of 10 Posts