Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am across several questions during the process of filling the fiance visa online. I had previously lived in the UK before on a student visa (where I met my now fiance) and withdrew from the university for family reasons and not being able to afford my studies. I was in the UK from August 2014 to January 2016.

What should I answer to the following questions (I am completing the fiance visa online)?:

Have you been deported, removed or otherwise required to leave any country, including the UK in the last 10 years?

Have you ever voluntarily elected to depart the UK?

- upon searching through my email I found an official email sent from the Home Office sent in November 2016 notifying me that my visa would curtail in January 2017 oddly enough.

I left the UK in January 2016, so the Home office took nearly a year to serve me the paperwork. My school put down that my withdrawal was May 2016 due to poor communication on their part. That being said I left well before being notified.

Should I answer 'no' to have you ever voluntarily elected to depart the uk?

As I did not overstay.

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
"Have you ever voluntarily elected to depart the UK" is a confusing question because at face value it appears to cover everyone who has ever been to the UK without being deported, but what they really mean is "have you been specifically requested to leave the UK before being forcibly removed". As you left the UK within your curtailment period, I would say no.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.