Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
hi there. I just move in Dubai. and i was looking for accommodation.
I book a place for me in marina.. and i give full deposit.. but now the person is not responding. what can i do??
How can i find the person??

·
Premium Member
10,204 Posts
How did you pay the deposit? Do you have the real estate agency details? Do you also have that person's RERA registration number? If yes, then you need to visit the RERA office to lodge a complaint. They will call him for you and get your deposit back. Do you have a receipt for the deposit?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no.. i have a receipt from her company . but shes not an agent. the company is not answering my calls and her phone is switch off..

·
Super Moderator
Originally from UK but lived in many countries
6,932 Posts
no.. i have a receipt from her company . but shes not an agent. the company is not answering my calls and her phone is switch off..
Hi,
What sort of company does she work for - if it is not a real estate agent?
Cheers
Steve

·
Super Moderator
6,932 Posts
Hi,
OK - so under what capacity did you pay her a deposit?
Was she acting as an agent between you and a landlord?
Or was she letting you share a room in the place that she lives in?
How much deposit did you pay and why did you actually need to pay a deposit - what was it for?
Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi. it was accomodation and landlord she said was her MD. and she attach me his passport copy. I pay her the deposit for the booking to make my access card. it was one bedroom apartment. i paid 5000 .

·
Super Moderator
6,932 Posts
hi. it was accomodation and landlord she said was her MD. and she attach me his passport copy. I pay her the deposit for the booking to make my access card. it was one bedroom apartment. i paid 5000 .
Hi,
You need to send her a text message stating that she either pays you back the deposit immediately or give you the access key - or you will be opening a police case.
Hopefully - she will realize that you are serious and will stop messing you about.
If you have the office address - then go there and sit in their reception until they give you what you have paid for.
Don't let them walk over you.
Best of luck
Steve

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi,
You need to send her a text message stating that she either pays you back the deposit immediately or give you the access key - or you will be opening a police case.
Hopefully - she will realize that you are serious and will stop messing you about.
If you have the office address - then go there and sit in their reception until they give you what you have paid for.
Don't let them walk over you.
Best of luck
Steve
hi steve.
i dont have her emirates id but the paperwork she given me was on Company Letterhead ans passport copy of the MD. when i call them today.. no respond.. i went to visit the office and is closed for more than a month. then i call her again..her phone is switched off 3DAYS NOW!:(:confused::confused::confused:
please guys.. what can i do??

·
Super Moderator
6,932 Posts
hi steve.
i dont have her emirates id but the paperwork she given me was on Company Letterhead ans passport copy of the MD. when i call them today.. no respond.. i went to visit the office and is closed for more than a month. then i call her again..her phone is switched off 3DAYS NOW!:(:confused::confused::confused:
please guys.. what can i do??
Hi,
Take everything you have and open a police case - it sounds like you have been conned.
How did you find the place - if by an advert, you need to print this as well.
Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Streve..
it was over whats up.. because i was looking for a place. but will u think tey can detect her althoug i dont have her ID. i have only MD'S passport.

·
Super Moderator
6,932 Posts
Streve..
it was over whats up.. because i was looking for a place. but will u think tey can detect her althoug i dont have her ID. i have only MD'S passport.
Hi,
If it was over whatsup - how did you find the place?
Did you whatsup her first after seeing an advert?
Take the whatsup messages with you to the police, along with all the paperwork.
If you have her mobile number - the police might be able to trace her.
Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi,
Take everything you have and open a police case - it sounds like you have been conned.
How did you find the place - if by an advert, you need to print this as well.
Cheers
Steve
hi steve.
i dont have her ID. but i give the money to her.
secondly.. she contact me because myself put an add asking for accomodation. :eek::eek:

·
Super Moderator
6,932 Posts
Hi,
You are not making this easy!
Where did you place advert?
Do you have her mobile phone number?
Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
451 Posts
Most probably her phone is switched off because not every whats app is on the same number. Did you try to message her on whats app again ?

I don't see any chances you getting back those 5K.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Most probably her phone is switched off because not every whats app is on the same number. Did you try to message her on whats app again ?

I don't see any chances you getting back those 5K.

hi.
still on whats up shes not replyin. and phone switch off..
itwas uae number over whats up. that was her number

·
Super Moderator
6,932 Posts
Hi,
You still did not say how she contacted you - did you place an advert - or did you reply to one?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.