Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:playball:

Hi! Although my little girl attends a preschool, she is the oldest and could really do with a friend same age or a bit older. Any ideas for meeting other English speaking familes? Any out there nearby?

:fingerscrossed:

·
Administrator
36,756 Posts

Hi! Although my little girl attends a preschool, she is the oldest and could really do with a friend same age or a bit older. Any ideas for meeting other English speaking familes? Any out there nearby?

Does the local primary school not have an infantil?

What year was she born?

You might be able to enroll her in primary, & then she'll have lots of playmates her own age!

·
Registered
19,449 Posts

It's very unusual for a 5 year old to be in playschool. I don't know anyone who has not placed their children in infantil/ preschool in the local primary schools after the age of 3... I would see if you can get her enrolled still with her peers in a local primary school as that's where her playmates are. Failing that, after school activities like predeporte, música y movimiento, Baile (dance)... Find out at your local town hall

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, thanks for your replies. She is in a Montessori school, so the classes are 0-3, 3-6. She is learning Spanish - I chose this school because the classes are smaller, the teacher is bilingual and she will get the attention she needs to learn quicker... Anyway haha that aside I was just wondering if there were any families nearby other than in school (which is a 35min drive away) :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts