Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 315 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
5 a side football???

Hi all,

I'm new to Dubai and don't really know anybody yet. I am missing my regular weekly game of football and was wondering what is the best way to get involved in 5 a side game?

I have joined the duplays website as a free agent but have had nothing back yet.

I know there are multiple threads on this subject and I apologise for creating a new one. Just wanted to either get a game or a group of people together to start a regular weekly game.

Cheers Andy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi lads,

I'm also new to Dubai and in desperate need of some football.

Would be very keen to join/create a team to play competitively. 5, 7 or 11 a side. I played back in the UK at an average standard (Sunday League 11 a side/Pitch Invasion 5 a side etc)

Also, if anyone fancies grabbing a beer then that would be good as I'm getting bored of my own company. I'm currently based in the Marina.

Cheers,
Tom

N

·
0 Posts
I am in as well, however I pulled my hamstring like 2 months ago in Amsterdam where I used to play two 90min 11vs11 big field games per week, so I think I will need a month or two to get back to field but after that I am definitely in.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yep - also a new arrival in town here and I'm game for a 5-a-side runabout after driving a desk all day. Former Sunday league player; now the wrong side of 40yo...

I'm living in the Greens - for now.

Let us know if the numbers & interest grows.

Cheers.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I used to play with 10/12 mates every week in the UK and definitely miss the football and drinking...only ever 5 a side though, not sure i can manage 11 a side anymore!!

N

·
0 Posts
i miss playing football like crazy but my hamstring is still not letting me, still in gym trying to strengthen the muscles...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi guys,

I'm in the same boat, only difference I haven't arrived in dubai as yet, but I am keen to get things in place to keep myself active whilst meeting new people, I play 5aside and Sunday league Uk style :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Lads. Can anyone interested email me on rourkeyatlivedotcom

After I get the numbers i will organise a pitch for a hour or so. Seems alot of people saying they are interested but nobody doing anything bout it.

Cheers

·
Banned
143 Posts
I'm severely out of practice due to a knee injury but would love to give it a go if you are ok with rookies...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well lads, Im an Irish guy, recently moved here, played 5 a side twice a week, miss the footie and few beers after!I
I dont know where there are any pitches but if anybody knows, would be interested in joining up a weekly game .
Derek

·
Banned
25 Posts
Alright guys? I'd be down to play sometime...
There's 2 places I know about... Powerplay, which is an outdoor facility on the East side of the flyover at Safa Park... It's good for playing at night, and there's an indoor place in Al Quoz called Ahdaaf... That's really good too, and it's open til late!

·
Registered
14 Posts
5-A-Side Football near Media City

Does anyone know of any friendly leagues/clubs that people can join for 5-a-side football near media city. I am moving from Chiswick in London and we have Rocks Lane which is great, I play in two leagues (one mixed and one men only) each week and am looking to get into something similar if possible for fitness reasons

Thanks in advance for any help

1 - 20 of 315 Posts