Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Playgroups in Athens

8K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  Jodiepechlivanidi 
#1 ·
Hi

I'm moving to Athens (Kifisia) from Denmark in the beginning of march. I have a 12 month daughter and I'm looking for other mums and playgroups.

Mette

#3 ·
Hi I will be moving to Athens in a few weeks (end of Feb) after I have had my baby in the UK
my other half will be working in Athens for 6 months. I would be good to meet some new friends out there!
As soon as I can get the baby a passport and our cats passports arrive we'll be on our flight out.
Not sure of our location in Athens yet, we are just sourcing rental property now.
Emma.

#5 ·
Hi Sophia and Mette,
We have a playgroup in the northern suburbs (Agia Paraskevi) for babies, toddlers and children. We meet twice a week, on Wednesday and Friday. I can tell you the details if you like. Lots of friendly people to meet![/QUOTE

yes please, would you send me the details, my partner and I along with our 11 month old son would love to come along and meet everyone....

Best wishes Sophia, Alistair and Nikiforous.

#19 ·
Question about Playgroups in Kifisia

Dear Mette,

I found this old thread of yours and am wondering if you have any information to share with me regarding playgroups. I have recently moved to Kifisia and my son is 13 months old. And are you familiar with the ELC (Early Learning Center) ? Are their classes worth attending?

Many thanks,
Marina

#23 ·
hi Jodie,

what area are you in? we have a playgroup that meets in and around Piraeus on mondays, and some other days depending on who is free.
there is also some other playgroups around Athens if you are on facebook, i think it's called foreign mothers in athens.
have a good day :)

#24 ·
mamafox said:
hi Jodie,

what area are you in? we have a playgroup that meets in and around Piraeus on mondays, and some other days depending on who is free.
there is also some other playgroups around Athens if you are on facebook, i think it's called foreign mothers in athens.
have a good day :)
Hey, thanks. I'ii check it out. I'm living in Ano Patissia. I'm looking for something close to me as I don't drive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.