Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went to the Citizens Service Bureau in Paphos last week and have applied to change my paper Cyprus Driving Licence for the new Photocard. It will be ready in two weeks and there was no charge for this service.

I was expecting to pay €40, as has been mentioned on various websites, because I am under 70 years of age but the official informed me that since January 2015 there is no charge for this service.

The only extra fee of approx €3.20 is if you want to collect the new card licence from the Post Office which is handy if you do not live in Paphos. The alternative method is to collect your new card from the Road Traffic Department which I have chosen to do.

Moderator: I have answered this post but perhaps it could be moved elsewhere as it is nothing to do with 'Introductions'.

·
Registered
103 Posts
To exchange a uk licence for a Cypriot one you used to have to take passport size photos with you . Now they have gone to plastic ones does it mean they have a camera and take your picture while you are there at the road traffic department ?

I assume citizen centre do not do the change from uk to cy .

·
Super Moderator
12,544 Posts
To exchange a uk licence for a Cypriot one you used to have to take passport size photos with you . Now they have gone to plastic ones does it mean they have a camera and take your picture while you are there at the road traffic department ?

I assume citizen centre do not do the change from uk to cy .
No you don't need to take photos. I am in the process of changing mine. They take your picture at the traffic department. Unfortunately because my picture card had expired it is going to take a few weeks for my licence as they have to send my details to Cardiff and get their permission to issue me with a Cyprus one, then Nicosia have to ok it.:(
My own fault for not realising my licence had expired.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Veronica , Thanks for the answer and the warning . Ours run out early next year so we will get ours done soon .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts