Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.I am an MBA finance and working as financial & data analyst and my husband is an operations head with a bank for 5 years.Can someone help us initiate the aus. process.
As per our knowledge we fit in CSOL list and not SOL, which would mean we cannot move to Sydney or Melbourne, but we want to move to sydney or melbourne only as they have good opportunities

Please help us find a solution or the right way to move forward.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Hi.I am an MBA finance and working as financial & data analyst and my husband is an operations head with a bank for 5 years.Can someone help us initiate the aus. process.
As per our knowledge we fit in CSOL list and not SOL, which would mean we cannot move to Sydney or Melbourne, but we want to move to sydney or melbourne only as they have good opportunities

Please help us find a solution or the right way to move forward.
With State sponsored visa(190) you can live anywhere in the state. State uses CSOL list but that doesnot mean all the occupations are open for sponsorship.

Sorry to say this but both of your occupations are not open in any state. So even moving to regional australia(489 visa) is not possible unless your occupation opens up which is very unlikely.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the information:) but to our knowledge my husband being into branch banking has customer dealing as well so he can go through customer service of banks

Let me know with further information about the procedure like skill assessment etc.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
With State sponsored visa(190) you can live anywhere in the state. State uses CSOL list but that doesnot mean all the occupations are open for sponsorship.

Sorry to say this but both of your occupations are not open in any state. So even moving to regional australia(489 visa) is not possible unless your occupation opens up which is very unlikely.
thanks for the information:) but to our knowledge my husband being into branch banking has customer dealing as well so he can go through customer service of banks

Let me know with further information about the procedure like skill assessment etc.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hi

I would recommend you to visit the websites of different states to see if they are sponsoring any occupation you deem relevant to your Husband's or your occupation.

Then you can search the immi website to know about the authority that assesses that occupation. You will get the link to the assessing authority's website from immi website.

You would find detailed criteria and information about the occupation on the Assesing authority's website. For the occupations you mentioned, Vetassess is the assessing authority.

Kind regards

·
Registered
535 Posts
some one please reply to my query
This website will help for finding which states are sponsoring a particular occupation: https://www.anzscosearch.com/

Also, please read this forum thoroughly. You can use the search function located on the right top of this website to find the info that you are looking for. Basic stuff like this has been discussed numerous times on this forum, so you should be able to find the same.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
plans to go to australia

can some one confirm is IELTS necessary for both husband(primary applicant) and wife or only the primary applicant as some consultants are saying it is compulsory.

·
Registered
109 Posts
can some one confirm is IELTS necessary for both husband(primary applicant) and wife or only the primary applicant as some consultants are saying it is compulsory.
Proof of functional English is compulsarily required for all applicants above 18. You can either take IELTS/PTE OR prove that your university studies was done in English medium.

Hope it helps..

·
Registered
3 Posts
State nomination

Dear

Your husband may be eligible as "Financial Institution Branch Manager Immigration to Australia - ANZSCO Code: 149914"
Currently Nomination by South Australia State Government (SA) (Adelaide) is open which you may apply provided you satisfy the condition stating "Available to international graduates in South Australia, OR applicants have worked in a skilled occupation in South Australia, OR have an immediate family member permanently residing in South Australia".

So all it means is you must have a relative in SA. Also 6.5 IELTS band is required for the nomination by the primary applicant a. Hope it helps.

Regards
Shuchi Nanda
MARA Agent

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
what I understood from your comment is that the primary applicant can give IELTS/PTE and the secondary can show that higher studies were done in English
Can you please tell how should one show it as one does not have "english as a subject" in higher studies
Also kindly tell that from where should I get a format which can be used to give to previous companies where I worked for putting in detail about my experience, profile etc.

·
Registered
415 Posts
You are not searching this forum at all as all the answers are there with a little search.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
plans to go to australia

Correct me if I am wrong.
What I understood is that primary applicant will give the IELTS test and the secondary can show his/her higher studies exams.
The only thing bothering me is that how should i prove it as I did my studies in English yet there was no subject English to prove.

Also confirm me one more thing that As we will have to send our educational docments for VATASSESS, is there any format which can be send to previous employers of ours.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Let me try to answer your question, though I do not completely understand it.
You have to have a letter from the university where you did your degree on their letterhead and signed by relevant authority mentioning that you have done your studies in english language. Apart from that you have to share your degree and school certificates.

What relation has educational documents to VATSSS.. and format for previous employers has?

·
Registered
117 Posts
This is from https://www.anzscosearch.com/149914.php

Please note financial institution is open to all applicant that includes including international graduates of South Australia.

ACCESS LISTAccess list - SA Government website LAST LIST UPDATE: 28/05/2015
Availability Explanation Additional Requirements
Special Conditions Apply See the Eligibility Requirements Competent Plus English
This occupation is in the State Occupation List
The State Occupation List is available to all applicants, including international graduates of South Australia. Please review the skilled nomination requirements before applying.
If you are an international graduate of South Australia, you should also review the following page: International graduate occupation and waiver requirements

Isipta

your husband can apply. it is not mandatory that you are required to have relative in S.A.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts