Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

This is my first post here, so treat me as a newbie please.

Info. about me
  • Moved to Vic, Australia in 2013 to study Bachelor of IT
  • Completed in Dec 2016, while passing in units of software dev. web dev. and networking. --- 15 + 5 points
  • 24 Year Old, turning 25 in March ---25 points for now
  • PTE 79+ each received --- 20 points
  • Currently in the 8th month of my 10 month Professional Year(PY). This will provide me --- 5 points upon completion

After finishing my Professional Year Program(PY) in October I will be eligible to apply for degree assessment from ACS

I have some questions regarding all of this.

THE PLAN
  • The plan is to submit my EOI in early September(1st or 2nd week).
  • Get an invite around my Graduation (13 October) from PY.
  • Apply for ACS degree assessment as soon as I Graduate.
  • Hopefully degree gets assessed before invite expires.
  • Apply for PR as soon as degree gets assessed.

How does "the plan"sound like?
I'm putting this in front of you guys because I'm not sure about the time frames in which you get your Invitation and ACS assessment.
Can you please tell me how long does it usually take to receive these? and if the plan will fit with these.

Also I don't have any work experience in the field of IT. Just a current internship which is a part of my PY program.
Do I need to have work experience in a nominated occupation in order to be eligible for invitation and PR?

Also I'm not sure how ACS assessment works. I'm guessing we have to choose which code/occupation we're going for. In that case what do you guys recommend, migration wise, which ACS code should I go for, which will give me the best edge in getting an invite and/or PR?

Let me know if u need more info. or I should try to gather more info.

Appreciate you reading this.
Thank you

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone?

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Hopefully degree gets assessed before invite expires.
I didn't understand about assessment while you have an invitation in hand and hoping to get the assessment before the invite expires. Why would you need an assessment when sitting on an invitation? Sounds like you plan to receive an invitation based on incorrect claims (like earning points for graduation or PY before actually graduating or completing the PY), and if my understanding is correct, then it would count as having jumped the queue. Bad idea/ plan.

Instead, file the EOI now with 65 points (without the PY) and if not invited by Sep/ Oct, get the PY, update the EOI with PY points after receiving a positive PY assessment, and then wait for the invitation on this updated EOI.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds like you plan to receive an invitation based on incorrect claims (like earning points for graduation or PY before actually graduating or completing the PY), and if my understanding is correct, then it would count as having jumped the queue. Bad idea/ plan.
I thought one can do it that way and there will be nothing incorrect with it.
Thanks for this, also for the idea of submitting EOI now, with 65 points. But I think they've made it compulsory to finish PY in order to apply for PR or EOI. Am I right on that one?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts