Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I'm Birju. I'm planning to move to Australia. I am an IT ERP consultant with over 8 years experience. Can you please let me know if the first step is to clear IELTS exam or do I need to first submit an EOI on the skill select portal?

Regards,
Birju

·
Registered
960 Posts
Refer Immi Australia site and read through the requirements for Permanent Residency, without some self study you won't understand the process.
Alternatively, there are many threads on this forum which have the entire process penned in very detail, go through them.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hello everyone,

I'm Birju. I'm planning to move to Australia. I am an IT ERP consultant with over 8 years experience. Can you please let me know if the first step is to clear IELTS exam or do I need to first submit an EOI on the skill select portal?

Regards,
Birju
1. Check your score online based on your age, education, work experience etc
2. English test using IELTS or PTE etc
3. Evaluate your education/work experience in ACS (Australian Computer Society)
4. Submit EOI
5. On positive result, Apply VISA
6. Read many blogs and Australia immigration website to choose your type of visa

ex: Top 10 tips for submitting an expression of interest (EOI) in SkillSelect | Migration Blog

All the Best!

·
Registered
535 Posts
Birju, a lot of study and efforts from your side are required to understand the whole visa application process. Your query exhibits your naive understanding and absolute lack of efforts in reading the very basics before posting any query here. Hope you respect this forum for what it is meant to be.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Refer Immi Australia site and read through the requirements for Permanent Residency, without some self study you won't understand the process.
Alternatively, there are many threads on this forum which have the entire process penned in very detail, go through them.
Thanks, I'll definitely go through them!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If I'm planning to take my wife along as a dependent, does she also need to clear IELTS/PTE?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi,

I would be completing 8 yrs of work on 25th June, 2015. I need this as I would then get 25 points. Should I wait till 25th June to do the skill assessment? Or can I submit the skill assessment now showing my total experience as 8 years? I would only get the letter from HR after 25th June, I believe.

Regards,
Birju

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi,

I would be completing 8 yrs of work on 25th June, 2015. I need this as I would then get 25 points. Should I wait till 25th June to do the skill assessment? Or can I submit the skill assessment now showing my total experience as 8 years? I would only get the letter from HR after 25th June, I believe.

Regards,
Birju
anyone?

·
Registered
960 Posts
Hi,

Regards,
Birju
Completing 8 years of work does not mean all your 8 years will be assessed. I do not know your occupations, guess it is ICT in which case ACS would carry out the assessment and deduct 2-4 years depending upon your qualification and other criteria.
So assume, after 8 yrs you will only have 4-6 years for claiming points in which case you can go ahead for assessments now. as of now you will have somewhere between 3+ to 5+ yrs experience which give the same points at 4-6.
Hope you understood, I know it's a bit complicated.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Completing 8 years of work does not mean all your 8 years will be assessed. I do not know your occupations, guess it is ICT in which case ACS would carry out the assessment and deduct 2-4 years depending upon your qualification and other criteria.
So assume, after 8 yrs you will only have 4-6 years for claiming points in which case you can go ahead for assessments now. as of now you will have somewhere between 3+ to 5+ yrs experience which give the same points at 4-6.
Hope you understood, I know it's a bit complicated.
Thanks Ramesh,
Yes I would be applying for ICT business analyst, and all my experience has also been as business analyst working for TCS. Even then would ACS deduct 2-4 yrs? :( I would fall short of 65 points then as I'm 33 yrs old (I would get only 25 points for age). Btw, I've done my BE in Computer science and MBA.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Ramesh,
Yes I would be applying for ICT business analyst, and all my experience has also been as business analyst working for TCS. Even then would ACS deduct 2-4 yrs? :( I would fall short of 65 points then as I'm 33 yrs old (I would get only 25 points for age). Btw, I've done my BE in Computer science and MBA.
anyone?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts