Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Planning on Brisbane Holiday in June 2012

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  KimMii 
#1 ·
I am planning on taking a 2 ween holiday in Brisbane in June this year and would like to know the best areas to see and experience? Looks like right now I may be going alone. Anyone care to show me around? :D

#3 ·
stormgal said:
I can't help with your question, but it's good to see ya!

You must be so excited with your trip! Don't forget to stop by (if you can) at the Gold Coast - that over there looks like a lot of fun. And come back with plenty of stories :)
Good to see you too! I hope to come back with somw stories. I am going to bet as much traveling and sightseeing as much as possible in two weeks!

#5 ·
Gold coast is great, moved here 3 months ago and love it! There's loads of beautiful beaches, surfers paradise, main beach, miami etc shopping places, robina, Australia fair, carrarra market. There's tamborine mountain and the rain forests. Up towards brisbane you got Cleveland which again has a beautiful beach for fishing etc. There's literally loads to do. Get on google and plan your trip!

#6 ·
nonny1983 said:
Gold coast is great, moved here 3 months ago and love it! There's loads of beautiful beaches, surfers paradise, main beach, miami etc shopping places, robina, Australia fair, carrarra market. There's tamborine mountain and the rain forests. Up towards brisbane you got Cleveland which again has a beautiful beach for fishing etc. There's literally loads to do. Get on google and plan your trip!
Thanks! I plan on doing that.

#7 ·
Brisbane has loads of cheap public transport, get a GO Card at one of the news stands for riding the Ferry Cats, trains and buses. Right now you can ride free after your first 10 piad trips in the week with the card. The card is like $3-$5 and you can add funds to it on the Ferries or at the news stands. The fastest and least expensive way to get around the river areas is the City Cat, they are high speed ferries and stop about every 10-15 minutes. The buses are frequent and unless you are by the university not terribly crowded.

What do you like to do? Do you want to go to developed tourist friendly beaches with lots of things to do besides the beach? If so the beaches south of Brisbane like Surfer's Paradise and Main Beach are for you. There are theme parks and such on the way there too!

The family and I enjoyed the beaches along the Sunshine Coast North of Brisbane more than the Gold Coast beaches. Less developed and more tranquil rocky spots to just relax. The Hinterlands all along the region offer exciting opportunities for hiking and exploring. Definitely check out the glow worm caves. Plenty of waterfalls and mountains to take photos of. Brisbane itself closes pretty early though, if you are a night owl, you may be better off hitting the Gold Coast.

Good luck and enjoy the experience.

Joe

#8 ·
Having grown up in Brisbane and lived for a lot of years on the Gold Coast...before moving to Europe...I'd say "stay away from Surfers Paradise...go further south to the beaches of Burleigh Heads, Palm Beach...but not as far south as Coollangatta (well during the day is fine but at night it is a no go zone...even locals don't venture out much at night)

#12 ·
It's still a great place for a holiday, friends from Brisbane holidayed at Q1 over Christmas and had a great time, but they're not the sort of people who go out late at night etc...but I'd recommend Broadbeach (just one suburb south) to be honest...there are more restaurants, bars, etc and it's much "cleaner", less "out of control youth" I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.