Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am from Mumbai, Business analyst by profession and have 7 years of BA experience majorly into Investment banking (IB). I have total of 10 years of experience which includes Middle office and back office operations (IB). I am currently enrolled for CCBA certification (IIBA). Did M.Com and Post Graduate Diploma in Financial Market (one year).
What is the kind of salary range should I expect?

And my wife has done a Full time MBA (PG - Finance)+MCom. She now runs her own job consulting firm from home.
-Based on above details, could you please suggest me what is the scope for me or my wife finding a job in respective profession ?

-Which Provinces offer more opportunity specific to my job profile? I have cued in on New Brunswick (open for any province) , as Atlantic province are running PNP (NB currently closed for foreign national).

-I was looking at the data on CIC site and maximum # of PR issued were for NOC 2171 (2015 & 2016). Does that mean BA have a better probability of finding a job? What could be the struggle

- And learning french (me & wife) will help? Do Canada require expert level french
-Do you have any idea about the day care cost and how are they?
- How do I network with people from my profession?, any BA on this Forum?

I would really appreciate you advice on the above queries.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
First thing to realize/accept that you need to get your education/qualifications equalized to Canadian standards through WES. Only after that can you determine whether you qualify for immigration to Canada and at what level. Most of Canada does not require/use the French language. Used mostly in Province of Quebec and a few other small pockets of the country.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
What is the kind of salary range should I expect?

Where?

The Indian education system is not up to Canadian standards so your education might well be considered to be lower than what it is in India.

And my wife has done a Full time MBA (PG - Finance)+MCom.
Again, don't assume that her education will be considered equivalent to a Canadian education.

-Based on above details, could you please suggest me what is the scope for me or my wife finding a job in respective profession ?
What do you mean by 'scope'? That term does not make sense as you have used it.

And nobody can tell you about your job prospects as there are too many variable to consider. For example, you could be the most qualified person in the world but if you suck at interviews you won't get hired.

-Which Provinces offer more opportunity specific to my job profile?
All of them.

I have cued in on New Brunswick (open for any province) , as Atlantic province are running PNP (NB currently closed for foreign national).
Huh? You are looking at New Brunswick even though it is closed to foreign nationals?

:confused:

- And learning french (me & wife) will help?
You can't seriously expect to learn enough French as quickly as you will need to.

Do Canada require expert level french
I've lived here most of my life and speak less than ten words of French.

-Do you have any idea about the day care cost and how are they?
Where?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.