Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Life in Pinoso

Hi everyone,
me and my husband are retiring in a years time, have been out to Pinoso three times to have a look and find out about the area. wanting to meet English people out there. would love to hear from any expats who currently live there?? any advice would be great, good places to live etc
we are out again in May!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone,
me and my husband are retiring in a years time, have been out to Pinoso three times to have a look and find out about the area. wanting to meet English people out there. would love to hear from any expats who currently live there?? any advice would be great, good places to live etc
we are out again in May!!
Hiya

My husband and I have lived here fro the last fifteen years..I would be happy to meet with you when you are next out and help with all your questions I also know a lot of people who have relocated to Pinoso and I can arrange for oyu to meet with them also.

Let me know if I can be of any futher help in the meantime

Kind Regards

Joan

·
Registered
7 Posts
I folks, just scouring the forum for anyone who lives in or around Pinoso. I'm moving there this year and am trying to put together a list of tradespeople for some work I need to have done out there before I move.

Any help appreciated.:)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hello.... have been doing the customary looking at what's being posted, and wanted to get in touch with some people - but need to get myself out and about on here before I can do that....:)

So, my partner and myself are currently living in Kent and looking to escape to Spain within the next twelve months - subject to his house selling.

With his parents already in the Alicante-region, my partner knows the area very well and has spent much time there already.

Now, we're both looking at the move away to pastures green and have decided that the Pinoso-region is perfect for us.

We'd be very keen to get in touch with anyone in that region who will be able to keep us on the straight and narrow in what seems like a fairly complicated process!

We're back out to Alicante in early May and would love to share a coffee with anyone near Pinoso. :plane:

Also considering Sax, Canada de lar Lena, Monovar and La Zarza - but our options remain open! :)

Please get in touch! :clap2:

Karen. x:cheer2:

·
Administrator
36,532 Posts
Hello.... have been doing the customary looking at what's being posted, and wanted to get in touch with some people - but need to get myself out and about on here before I can do that....:)

So, my partner and myself are currently living in Kent and looking to escape to Spain within the next twelve months - subject to his house selling.

With his parents already in the Alicante-region, my partner knows the area very well and has spent much time there already.

Now, we're both looking at the move away to pastures green and have decided that the Pinoso-region is perfect for us.

We'd be very keen to get in touch with anyone in that region who will be able to keep us on the straight and narrow in what seems like a fairly complicated process!

We're back out to Alicante in early May and would love to share a coffee with anyone near Pinoso. :plane:

Also considering Sax, Canada de lar Lena, Monovar and La Zarza - but our options remain open! :)

Please get in touch! :clap2:

Karen. x:cheer2:
:welcome:

it really isn't that complicated - just a bit of paper chasing

will you be retiring or needing to work?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hello!!!

We are fairly young - well young ish... mid 40's.... so we do have plenty of work left in us. We're looking at maybe running a guesthouse... but happy to turn our hand to whatever. What we need to do is get out of 9-5 sedentary desk jobs with commuting either end.

And we've already done a lot of research so know our way around the legalities reasonably well... but its the issue I guess of us being here... and the property over there!

Karen. x

·
Administrator
36,532 Posts
Hello!!!

We are fairly young - well young ish... mid 40's.... so we do have plenty of work left in us. We're looking at maybe running a guesthouse... but happy to turn our hand to whatever. What we need to do is get out of 9-5 sedentary desk jobs with commuting either end.

And we've already done a lot of research so know our way around the legalities reasonably well... but its the issue I guess of us being here... and the property over there!

Karen. x
that's the complicated bit then!!

·
Administrator
36,532 Posts
We're not going in with rose tinted glasses... and again have done our homework! Do you have personal experience of this then?
not personally

I do have friends who run a casa rural though - & it was an absolute nightmare getting all the licences - & seriously costly!

& I know of a few others who just gave up - the costs & the hassle just weren't worth the gamble

·
Registered
19,395 Posts
Hello!!!

Karen. x
If you've done plenty of research you'll know that unemployment is much worse than in the UK so I won't bother spouting facts and figures at you.
Unfortunately, as I presume you already know too (maybe not??) if you don't find work you won't have healthcare covered and you won't be able to register on the foreign resident's list, so you really need to scout round and see what work is available to you, so it's good that you can do that whilst visiting your mum!
As xabiachica says, there's a lot of info on the FAQ's about schools, paperwork, employment/ unemployment...
Here's a web that has job ads
Jobs - The Local
Alternatively Gibraltar seems to have a lot of openings
Finding work in Gibraltar | Jobs in Gibraltar | Working in Gibraltar

·
Registered
40 Posts
Like I said in the other thread, I didn't actually make any reference to individuals. I've sent some pm's which is what I set out to do. Please feel free to delete this thread - and me - if

·
Administrator
36,532 Posts
I guess it must have been me who 'shot you down in flames'??

you asked for info & we told you the truth - I really do know people who have given up because it was too much hassle - & one couple who is making it work, though it did cost them an absolute fortune getting all the licences etc & they aren't in a break-even situation yet, several years down the line

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ok having read back - perhaps I was a bit unnecessarily scratchy - particularly having read through some of the 'here we go again' threads by those who have been on the forum for some time.

It takes quite a bit of courage to post on a new forum, and what do you put without coming across as not knowing anything?!!!

I'm now in touch with someone in that area who has already given me so much positive advice.

I'll continue to search and read the threads and may even be brave enough to comment again.....!!

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
Ok having read back - perhaps I was a bit unnecessarily scratchy - particularly having read through some of the 'here we go again' threads by those who have been on the forum for some time.

It takes quite a bit of courage to post on a new forum, and what do you put without coming across as not knowing anything?!!!

I'm now in touch with someone in that area who has already given me so much positive advice.

I'll continue to search and read the threads and may even be brave enough to comment again.....!!

Positive is good and none of us on here mind positive as long as its legal and above board lol!!!!

The reality is that on the whole its hard, very hard. Whatever you do and however good the info is that you are now getting, you have also been told how the reality for most will be, so you can prepare for that!!!!

It would also be nice if you did post again and let us know some good news!!!

Jo xxxx

·
Registered
40 Posts
We're under no illusions that it will be easy. But who wants an easy life anyway. If it fails, we will still have my house in the UK to return to.

I've had enough negative advice to sink a ship and can also fill my boots by searching for it on here as well!

Irrespective of what people say to us, we shall still be going ahead with our plans.

And who knows, we may even succeed!!!

x

·
Administrator
36,532 Posts
We're under no illusions that it will be easy. But who wants an easy life anyway. If it fails, we will still have my house in the UK to return to.

I've had enough negative advice to drink a ship and can also fill my boots by searching for it on here as well!

Irrespective of what people say to us, we shall still be going ahead with our plans.

x
I really hope you do succeed -someone has to :)

& some do of course

let us know how you get on :)

·
Registered
19,395 Posts

I've had enough negative advice to sink a ship and can also fill my boots by searching for it on here as well!

x
As I said before, here or on the Murcia thread, I wish you luck with your business venture, but I do wonder about things like what I've put in bold in your post. If you're not going to take any notice of what people say, why did ask for our opinions?:confused:

1 - 20 of 94 Posts