Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I applied for my visa through the visa application centre in Sydney. At the time I applied I was given the option of either picking up the visa from the centre once it had been returned or having it couriered to my address, and I chose to pick it up from the centre. Now that the application is taking much longer than expected I am considering leaving the country and having my parents post me my passport and visa once it arrives. However I can find no information on whether it is possible to change to having my passport couriered once it arrives, or whether its possible to have a parent pick up my passport on my behalf. VFS global which operate the centre have little information on their website, and no contact details, they refer you to the general uk visa information service which costs a lot of money which Im not willing to pay since Im very skeptical they will be able to give me any information on this problem. Does anyone have any experience with this or know if there is anyone I can contact about this?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
197 Posts
Yes your parents can pick the passport up for you must they will show identifications and you need to give your parents a written letter saying they gonna pick it up on your behalf and sign and you will give them the receipt you collected when u applied for the visa am sure u can get more information on the VFS website on what your parents needed to be able to collect the passport for u on if there is an option to change so they can deliver the passport.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Godson17! I had another look at the UKVI website and I found this:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/document-collection-authorisation-letter

The link is a little old though, is that still in date and accurate? I scoured the VFS global Australia site (UK Visa Information - Australia - VFS Global Australia) and I couldnt find anything about them allowing you to have someone else pick up your passport, you dont know exactly where you saw that do you, or where I might go for more information? I really want to make sure it will be ok for them to pick it up before I start booking flights!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.