Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm applying for spouse settlement visa from the US (again). First time I didn't send pics, but I see several checklists of applicants who are sending photos. (I was refused for financial & accommodation reasons)

My husband & I have been married for 23 years and have lived together continuously; still in the US together. Do I need photos, or is our marriage certificate enough?

And, I do already have travel booked for a certain date. Do they need to know that we're planning to take the Queen Mary 2? Should I include that itinerary?

Or should I simply print off a flight schedule from an airline website (I saw that suggested).

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
I would personally suggest you still submit photos, even if the lack of photos from your previous application didn't affect its refusal. 15 photos over the years together including a couple from the wedding should say a lot about the genuineness of your relationship (throughout eras of hair styles and fashion!) :)

Your proposed travel itinerary isn't hugely significant, since it's just used for timing, but if you submit one, it should probably show the UK as your final destination. It doesn't really matter if you plan to arrive by cruise ship or plane, (edit: you'll go through immigration control either way).

·
Super Moderator
18,086 Posts
We suggest 10-15 photos from throughout your relationship including your wedding, your marriage certificate and proof that you've been living together with a selection of bills addressed jointly or individually across your marriage.

The sample itinerary is to give them an idea of when you'd like to travel. You really shouldn't book travel before you receive your visa. There is no guarantee that your visa will be issued in time for you to travel and your past visa refusal does mean that your application will likely attract extra scrutiny and so more time.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, thanks for the advice! Yes, I knew they advise against firmly booking travel. I'm sorry I did that. That's why I'm wondering if it'll look bad for me to show that I've actually got it booked in our names. Or, I could submit something more generic, i.e. the flight schedule that we could potentially book. (and they won't know that we've already got something booked). thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.