Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I've read through this post out of curiousity. Miaux, congratulations for everything going through!! from major concern to a successful application! im sure you must be thrilled!!

Just reading through your application. I'm applying for my marriage visa this week. I waited a bit longer than expected because I wanted to be 100% accurate and I'm in no rush really. My wedding is only in October.

I hope you don't mind if i piggy-back off your thread, but you mention photographs quite a few times.. Online proof of a relationship doesn't come up. It asks for proof of future plans of your relationship (which I assume is a receipt from the marriage council of a wedding date booked). I am returning to South Africa to apply for a spouse visa as suggested by Joppa and Nyclon on past threads and then confirmed by the gov.uk site.

However, Is it essential to attach photo's of myself and my future hubby?? or was this an added extra to secure your application?
really appreciate the input if you or anyone else on this thread has any :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hey! Our wedding is in November and yes... super thrilled! We are going in July to the UK so I can have my 9 day residence in order to give notice, ( plus do several wedding things while there) and then we will return on November for the actual wedding.

As per your question.... we attached the pictures as support of evidence ( as unoffically advised here). I looked in this forum reasons for rejection, and in many cases it was because the relationship was not genuine or there is no evidence of it. If you research, in some cases they said that pictures was not enough as they were only selfies but never pics of the actual couple. So based in the unofficial advise from here, we put like 8 pictures of us ( with family and friends) as a support evidence, and literally wrote in the sealed envelope"Support evidence for Section 4- Proof of relationship" ( we had our own organizing system by sections so it would be easier to read/ reference, Section 1 was our introduction letter, section 2 financials and plans after the wedding. section 3 fiance info and fiances finances,section 4 proof of relationship).

I would suggest to write a strong introduction letter stating that you want to apply for a spouse visa on your return to SA. Never lie or write half information that could be suspicious.

Hope that helped!

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
I have started a new thread for you. Please don't hijack threads whose original subject has nothing to do with your question. You'll get a better response if you start a new thread with a title that better describes your question.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
so sorry Nyclon, I didn't mean to. I just thought it fitting as Miaux had experience. BUT i do understand and I apologise. It will not happen again:)

Miaux!!! WOW thats is amazing!! I wish you and your future hubby all the best. I'm sure your wedding will be everything you dream of.. That sounds lovely. I'm going in August hopefully; to plan on that side of the world. I haven't even started most of it yet!! i've left most of it to him. but im not too worried, I always pictured my wedding to be small and intimate, with loads of festivities and traditions.

ANYWAY back to your unofficial advice, first - thank you so much :) I rather give more than less anyday! lets just hope it doesn't backfire. But im sure a few photo's wouldn't hurt. But i will call the immigration office just to check that it won't jeopardise my application. I understand why you did it in your case now :)

BUT under your sections, section 2- what exactly did you say for future plans?? I just have the receipt from the marriage council in blackburn of when we need to show up and notify the court of our final date, as I was in South Africa when he applied last weekend. Is that enough or did you have other headings too?? He is planning on purchasing a house but I need to apply this week so we don't rush the process, so that will not be ready in time of my application. I plan on staying in the UK for 2 months after the wedding, to "play house" and settle in. then i will return to SA to apply for my spouse visa. However, how do you prove this? flight bookings aren't recommended.

Thank you for your suggestions, it's helped a great deal!! I will definitely write up that intro letter truthfully :)

ALL THE VERY BEST !! we may even bump into each other in the UK hehe. goodluck!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I think our case is different as we wont be living in the UK, so we submitted our tenancy contract, bank statements indicating the loans I have, and basi cally showing that our life is here in Dubai and we have no intention of living in the UK.

We made the regristrars notice by phone and they sent us a confirmation by email, which we attached to our application.

Do you have a work in SA? Maybe tell your company to give you a letter indicating that you will take a 2 month break... or a loan? or something that will tie you back to SA...
But with the purchase of the house, it will look as if you want to settle there... so just be cautious... and as I said, you need to be very honest in your introduction letter and give consistence evidence for this...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry about the late reply Miaux.

Oh yes, you are quite right.
Yess yess, my fiance has done the same and then sent me the confirmation from the council.

See this is where things get tricky for me :( I actually have nothing to my name accept for my job. I'm getting a letter from work but I have also given notice that I will resign towards the end of the year. Unfortunately I do not have any loans against my name, except for a student loan from the company I work for..

I will be dead honest in my letter though, I def do not plan on staying in the UK for long after our wedding. The plan is to return to SA to round things up while I apply for a spouse visa. So i do intend on moving to the UK but just not yet.
I need to find out a way of portraying that though. That may be a bit hard.

But thank you so much Miaux for all the help and support!! u have been amazing !!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.