Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there,

It may be an already answered question. Since I could not find a post that clarifies the issue, I am posting it.

I know that I have to upload scanned copies of all my documents for ACS application. Do I also need to send hardcopies by mail to them, or are the online attachments good enough?

Manish

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi Manish,

Everything is online for ACS, so you don't need to send any hard copies. Even their result letter is a PDF file (you won't get a hard copy).
Just upload the certified true copy of your documents.

You can refer to ACS Skills Assessment Guideline for more information.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Only soft copies mate

Only soft copies mate

Hello there,

It may be an already answered question. Since I could not find a post that clarifies the issue, I am posting it.

I know that I have to upload scanned copies of all my documents for ACS application. Do I also need to send hardcopies by mail to them, or are the online attachments good enough?

Manish

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hi,
the photocopies should be color or black-n-white?
Preferably color. You will have to send scanned copies to ACS anyway so try to scan them in color if you can. I think what is important here is the documents have to be certified (with the words "True copy of the original") and on official company letterhead (if you are including work experience).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Preferably color. You will have to send scanned copies to ACS anyway so try to scan them in color if you can. I think what is important here is the documents have to be certified (with the words "True copy of the original") and on official company letterhead (if you are including work experience).
Do I need to notarize all the documents like say I have got 6 marksheets(all semesters), then should i only notarize final year marksheets and do attestation of other remaining documents.

Is notarizing and attesting same or different?
Do we need to get the RED color round stamp on all the documents from lawyer?
What exactly should I say my lawyer to do?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Do I need to notarize all the documents like say I have got 6 marksheets(all semesters), then should i only notarize final year marksheets and do attestation of other remaining documents.
Yes. All 6 marksheets will need to be certified.

Is notarizing and attesting same or different?
Do we need to get the RED color round stamp on all the documents from lawyer?
What exactly should I say my lawyer to do?
Here is what you need to do - Take photocopies of all your documents (color or b/w). Tell your lawyer to write "True copy of original" and date on every photocopied document and put his seal next to that. Now scan all of these documents (color scan would be strongly recommended) and upload to your ACS account. That should be sufficient. This is what I did for my degree and marksheets and it was accepted by ACS.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes. All 6 marksheets will need to be certified.

Here is what you need to do - Take photocopies of all your documents (color or b/w). Tell your lawyer to write "True copy of original" and date on every photocopied document and put his seal next to that. Now scan all of these documents (color scan would be strongly recommended) and upload to your ACS account. That should be sufficient. This is what I did for my degree and marksheets and it was accepted by ACS.
Few more questions:
1. Do we need transcripts of semesters or just marksheets are sufficient?
2. For employment only Reference letters are required, right? no other documents like Offer Letter, Joining Letter or Payslips are required, right?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Few more questions:
1. Do we need transcripts of semesters or just marksheets are sufficient?
2. For employment only Reference letters are required, right? no other documents like Offer Letter, Joining Letter or Payslips are required, right?
1. I submitted official college transcripts and degree certificate. Transcripts in my case were essentially photocopies of marksheets with the seal of the college and a cover letter from the college that stated I have cleared all my dues and there are no obligations on my part. See if you can get an official set of transcripts from your college/university. If you already had gotten one previously that should suffice. There is no requirement for the transcript to be recent as these don't change.

2. Yes. Reference letter outlining roles and responsibilities (you can find sample on ACS website) from the HR on company letter head. If you can't get that, get a statutory declaration from a colleague (preferably in a senior position or someone you reported to) on stamp paper. This is for ACS. You might have to submit pay slips, tax docs etc during visa lodge.

·
Registered
19 Posts
1. I submitted official college transcripts and degree certificate. Transcripts in my case were essentially photocopies of marksheets with the seal of the college and a cover letter from the college that stated I have cleared all my dues and there are no obligations on my part. See if you can get an official set of transcripts from your college/university. If you already had gotten one previously that should suffice. There is no requirement for the transcript to be recent as these don't change.

2. Yes. Reference letter outlining roles and responsibilities (you can find sample on ACS website) from the HR on company letter head. If you can't get that, get a statutory declaration from a colleague (preferably in a senior position or someone you reported to) on stamp paper. This is for ACS. You might have to submit pay slips, tax docs etc during visa lodge.
Thanks Arpith :)
Out of three reference letters, two are signed by HR manager and one is signed by Vice-President of the company. Will that work? or I need to get another reference letter with HR signature on it?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Thanks Arpith :)
Out of three reference letters, two are signed by HR manager and one is signed by Vice-President of the company. Will that work? or I need to get another reference letter with HR signature on it?
As long as the letters are on company letterhead, they should work. Even the ACS sample letter if you notice has a signature from a manager. So you should be fine. The key is that the references should be on company letter head.

·
Registered
19 Posts
For attestation of all documents, I am following below steps:
1. Getting color xerox of all the documents(Academic, Employment and Passport)
2. Getting all the color copies attested by a Notary Lawyer.
3. After attestation, scanning all the documents(color scan) and converting them to PDF format.

Are the above steps fine or am I doing some mistake?

·
Registered
138 Posts
For attestation of all documents, I am following below steps:
1. Getting color xerox of all the documents(Academic, Employment and Passport)
2. Getting all the color copies attested by a Notary Lawyer.
3. After attestation, scanning all the documents(color scan) and converting them to PDF format.

Are the above steps fine or am I doing some mistake?
Should be fine. Good Luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I have to send my documents for ACS Assessment. I have a query. My college name is different in my semester marksheets and my degree certificate as it got changed when I was in my 3rd year. So do I need to send some supporting documents for it?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Scan documents using CamScanner

HI,

Can we take photo of each the documents with the CamScanner(mobile) and convert them to PDF and upload the same for ACS?

will it be accepted by ACS as at the end of the document it says scanned by Camscanner?

Regards,
Gajendra

1 - 16 of 16 Posts