Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm moving to Beijing this weekend for a dance teaching job and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the best phone deal would be in China? I will take an unlocked iPhone and then either get a pay as you go or a contract sim. What's best guys? Thanks!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi, I'm moving to Beijing this weekend for a dance teaching job and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the best phone deal would be in China? I will take an unlocked iPhone and then either get a pay as you go or a contract sim. What's best guys? Thanks!
I moved to China last year with an iPhone5s unlocked. At the time only China Uni of could offer iPhone service. Now China Telecom is on board.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I moved to China last year with an unlocked iPhone5s. At the time China Unicom was the only option but Now China Telecom is supposed to be on board.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Unlocked they all work fine just not on LTE/4G. China mobile uses the Chinese protocols that can't be used by outside phones (except 2G/3G). China Unicom uses international protocols so is fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts