Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I got my skill assessment as an engineering technologist, last year based on my overseas undergraduate degree. Recently, I got my PhD from an Australian institute. Do I have to redo the skill assessment to claim the points for my PhD ?
Because in my skill assessment letter, Bachelor Degree is mentioned in Highest Relevant Qualification field.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi all,

I got my skill assessment as an engineering technologist, last year based on my overseas undergraduate degree. Recently, I got my PhD from an Australian institute. Do I have to redo the skill assessment to claim the points for my PhD ?

Because in my skill assessment letter, Bachelor Degree is mentioned in Highest Relevant Qualification field.

I would strongly suggest you to do it. First, PhD will give you extra 5 points. Second, you have done it from Australia, it will give you extra 5 points since you have the Australian degree of more than two years duration. Third, if you PhD is in Science, Engineering, Technology or in ICT, is you would get another 5 points. So you can get 10-15 points from your PhD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23,906 Posts
Hi all,
In my opinion, you would need to get yourself reassessed to claim the 5 points for PHD

Your degree is undoubtedly as per AQF standard as it is Australian , but it also has to be closely related to your education and experience to be eligible for points

Hence the need for reassessment

Cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your replies guys, much appreciated.

I logged on to EA (Engineering Australia) portal, and there is no further actions to submit my PhD confirmation letter. I can do actions different actions such as assess overseas PhD, relevant skilled employment assessment, or both.

So what I am suppose to do? do I have to submit another application with CDR?
Any ideas?

·
Registered
82 Posts
I guess you don't need to submit CDR again. You should call or mail EA with your application ID, and ask them that you want to have additional assessment. Then, they will allow you to submit documents for PhD in same application.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts