Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I have lived in Aragon, Huesca, Jaca for almost three years. We are both pensionistas from the U.S. She is 65 and I am 64 in August. We are property owners and pay taxes in Spain. We will soon convert to the buy-in scheme for Seguridad Social that does not cover melds. Spanish law requires pensionistas to only pay a portion of pharmaceutical costs. Would this apply to us as well?

·
Administrator
36,509 Posts
My wife and I have lived in Aragon, Huesca, Jaca for almost three years. We are both pensionistas from the U.S. She is 65 and I am 64 in August. We are property owners and pay taxes in Spain. We will soon convert to the buy-in scheme for Seguridad Social that does not cover melds. Spanish law requires pensionistas to only pay a portion of pharmaceutical costs. Would this apply to us as well?
No it wouldn't under current rules. Only pensioners with free state health care are entitled to the discount. The convenio especial is effectively state run 'private' insurance

I'm impressed that you managed to get resident visas - not many seem to manage that!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts