Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I would like to adopt a pedigree.

If any of you adopted a puppy in Dubai, please let me know the place where you bought and I am very keen to get one.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
10,204 Posts
Adopt and bought do not fit in the same sentence. If you would like to "buy" a pedigree, I would strongly urge you to reconsider it and choose to adopt a loving puppy irrespective of breed. K9 Friends currently has a lot of puppies that are available for adoption. You can call them during their office hours and arrange for a visit.

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
To second Pam, there are SO many dogs here needing homes, pedigrees and mixed breeds, that it really isn't necessary to buy a dog. Just google dog charities in Dubai and you will get a list as long as your arm.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I am going to be very rude and say that you sound like the wrong type of person to be a pet owner.

Buying a pet just because of the breed/pedigree? Odds are you'll get bored with the responsibilities of pet ownership and constant attention and care a dog requires and dump it alongside the street after a year or two.

I sincerely hope I am wrong. But if you've never owned a pet dog before I strongly urge you to try fostering one for a few months to see how you respond to the challenges. Most dogs are the same underneath their skin. I'll never understand this obsession for certain breeds by certain people.

Hi

I would like to adopt a pedigree.

If any of you adopted a puppy in Dubai, please let me know the place where you bought and I am very keen to get one.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
I'm going to agree with TallyHo on this one.

You understand that owning a dog is expensive? You need cash for vet fees, vaccinations, and you need to put money aside for when you leave to take the animal with you, which to most places costs around 15,000 Dhs!

ALL the animal shelters and rescue groups are inundated with selfish, awful people who have gone away for summer, or left and just abandoned their animals - mixed breeds and pedigrees alike.

If you are not prepared to keep an animal for the entirety of its life and take it with you don't get one. And adopt DON'T shop! By buying a dog all you do is contribute to puppy mills which are just cruel and vile. Plus 99% of the people I know who have pedigree dogs, have spent a fortune on them in vet fees, because they're so in-bred they have a long list of health issues and other problems.

Mixed breeds dogs are healthier, with less or no such issues FACT!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts