Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

Has anyone ever used an pest control for german cockraches in Dubai? I think I need to look into this. Although I dont thinkI have a major problem I think I have an infestation starting and Id rather get a hold of it before it gets a hold of my place.

Ive been in my place about 3 weeks! so any help about cokroach termination and experience would be great

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
How do you know that they're German Cockroaches? Do they Goosestep? Have small taches? Raise their front right feelers?

Seriously though, there's a municipality place on Um Seq street in Al Quoz, they'll do it cheaply and correctly.

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
We used Rentokil and were happy. A bit pricey though, but for getting rid of bed bugs I was happy to pay any price.
For ants and cockroaches I did get pest control done by a small company who had left flyers under our door. Pretty standard and anyone can do it. Most would not use a spray.

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Make sure the company you use has the correct registration with the authorities to use pesticide chemicals. There have been some tragic stories in the past.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have been terrorised by a couple of very large brown cockroaches in the past couple of weeks :fear: Managed to kill one which was staring at me from my bed headboard as I got into bed one night last week. But yesterday I took something out of my wardrobe, put it on my bed and a huge cockroach dropped off it onto my bed and scuttled off and disappeared down the side of the bed frame. I then literally stripped the room in the search for the monster; I removed the mattress, used a mirror to check underneath the edges of the bed frame, tipped all the furniture up - nada. So I spent a sleepless night convinced it would crawl into my mouth in the night :scared: I also found droppings in the bottom of my wardrobe which look like small mouse droppings but which pictures on the internet suggest could be cockroach droppings :eek:

Two cockroaches in a couple of weeks probably doesn't amount to an infestation but I am paranoid about them. Anyway, a friend has recommended Rentokill who I called this morning. For the OP's information, for 2 visits to spray and put gel round will be AED565. For a regular quartlerly service it is AED1315 pa

·
Registered
95 Posts
... by the way the quarterly service includes treatment to get rid of all pests; cockroaches, ants, mice, rats etc (but not bed bugs)

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
... by the way the quarterly service includes treatment to get rid of all pests; cockroaches, ants, mice, rats etc (but not bed bugs)
Try getting some roach traps first. Put them in your wardrobe, under your bed, etc., the roaches eat the stuff inside and carry it back to the nest where they die and their friends eat them for dinner and they die and so on....

By the way, there's no guarantee in pest control for ants. They tend to come back quite quickly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.