Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I need advice regarding my situation.

I met a Spanish guy who is from Sevilla through a language exchange online program in May. We have been talking by Skype every night for months. In August, he traveled to the Philippines to meet me. During the duration of his stay, our feelings for each other intensified. We fell in love and by the first week of September, I got pregnant. He is now back in Spain and we are still communicating every night. We want to have the baby together but we don't know how to get a long term visa for me. His work is in Spain so I have to move there. We want to know the following.

1. Is the pregnancy going to affect obtaining a visa?
2. Which visa can get me to Spain the fastest way possible?
3. We did some research about it, and this is all we know by now:

- Getting Married: Even if we got married, the Spanish government would not let me come to Spain until we have been married for 1 year.

- Fiancee visa: I heard it is really difficult to get, and it takes a lot of time.

- As a tourist: I could be there for a maximum of 90 days, and they will require a lot of money in a bank account, to be sure that I have enough money to live there. He could send me an invitation letter, specifying that he is going to host me, in order to make it easy for me fulfilling requirements, but a policeman expert in foreign affairs told him that if I overstay after those 90 days, and he invited me, it could be considered a fraud and they could try to deport me and process him (trials and those things).

- With a job contract: It is pretty difficult to find a job in Spain right now, much more for foreigners. Could I start there a self-employment? maybe as an English teacher...

- As a student: It requires a lot of money to live there during the course (for a year). We don't have that amount right now.

If anyone knows a better solution, We would appreciate your help a lot.

·
Registered
212 Posts
You probably need sound legal advice from someone there, but...
I don't believe that you have to be married for a year before the Spanish Government
allows you to come here. If you got married there, you would need a Libro de Familia, which
might take a while to process. With that in hand, you would be able to come, and apply for residency.
There is no Fiance visa in Spain.
I would forget your idea of being "Autonomo" or getting a job here. Those visas are impossible for non-EU. Concentrate on getting married, and coming as a spouse of a Spanish citizen.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You probably need sound legal advice from someone there, but...
I don't believe that you have to be married for a year before the Spanish Government
allows you to come here. If you got married there, you would need a Libro de Familia, which
might take a while to process. With that in hand, you would be able to come, and apply for residency.
There is no Fiance visa in Spain.
I would forget your idea of being "Autonomo" or getting a job here. Those visas are impossible for non-EU. Concentrate on getting married, and coming as a spouse of a Spanish citizen.
How about if I go there on Tourist visa and get married? Is that allowed? If yes, what is going to happen to my visa? Can i then stay longer than 90 days?

·
Registered
212 Posts
I can't make a definitive opinion on your situation, because being from the Phillipines, I think you need a Schengen visa to come as a tourist. But I do know from my own personal experience and that of others, you can come on a tourist visa, and get married here. If you do that, it is highly likely you will "overstay", as the marriage and residency procedure can drag out. This should pose no problem as long as you are in the process.
As I said, this has been my own experience, and that of others people I know here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for this. I highly appreciate your advice. I would probably consult an immigration lawyer just to be sure. :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
There is a very informative page here,
Residence permits, Stay permits
-----

EXEMPTION FROM A RESIDENCE VISA

When a foreigner wishes to apply for the initial grant of a residence permit and has not got the necessary visa, the foreigners' law exceptionally allows him/her to apply for an exemption from a Residence Visa.

• . Are you married to a Spanish citizen?
• . Have you got a Spanish underaged dependant children?

-----

As it seem, there should be no problems for you to stay here, move here if you're married and also have a child together. But it never hurts to double check with the Spanish embassy or with a lawyer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts