We are moving to Germany and looking to ship (sea) personal items (books, clothing, sporting equipment and some kitchen stuff). Most likely, without any furniture or electrical goods. At the moment, I guestimate the volume to be in the order of 10 chest sized moving boxes.
- As far less than a shipping container, would it be best to get a single or a couple of timber freight crates to fit all in? If so, where could I pick up a cheap used crate (assuming companies receive goods regularly in incoming crates and may have no need for them)?
- Which freight companies are good, which to avoid? Horror stories?
- Extra charges at either end?
- What documentation is required?
- Any other creative options or experiences?