Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings!
I am an American married to an Australian for 15 years, and we lived in the US together for 17 years in total before being in a position to come live in Australia. We have now been living in Queensland for just over 12 months. I have been a permanent resident since I arrived here.

I am finding it extremely difficult to find employment, I have had several interviews, but no work has been gained. I am a former female US Marine, have plenty of office assistant experience, however my skills don't seem to translate very well to the Australian workplace needs. I have a cert III in Business but that still has not helped me to land a job. I firmly believe that I am in need of some education here to help in this area, as I have plenty of rejection letters to prove my point. However as a resident I do not qualify for any financial assistance and we are struggling just to get by as it is.

Are there any exceptions to the 4 year residency requirement to apply for citizenship? We are struggling to make ends meets on just my husband's income. I want to be a contributing factor to our household, and a contributing factor to the community by being a tax payer.

Please if anyone can chime in and advise I would be sincerely grateful.

Kind Regards,
Karenza

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
sorry, see other post. I felt the title to this wasn't identifying enough. Couldn't figure out how to delete this post.
Regards,
Karenza

1 - 2 of 2 Posts