Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Our family is planning to relocate to Australia in March 2023. Both my wife and I have skilled independent subclass 189 visa, we are awaiting our child's visa.
What is the best way to look for a job from overseas?
  • Is it possible to get an Australian phone number while overseas?
  • We don't have an Australian address yet, would this be a problem for prospective employers ? Can we explain our situation and interview remotely?
Would love to hear other success stories in finding jobs before moving there

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Hello,

Our family is planning to relocate to Australia in March 2023. Both my wife and I have skilled independent subclass 189 visa, we are awaiting our child's visa.
  • We don't have an Australian address yet, would this be a problem for prospective employers ? Can we explain our situation and interview remotely?
Use traditional search sites (Indeed, Seek and LinkedIn)

All the best..!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hello,

I guess an Australian phone number or address won't matter since you are applying from overseas. You can mention your current situation and expected dates to move to Australia in your cover letter.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I think having an Australian phone number will be important. Applying from overseas used to be a non-starter in most cases, but with all the remote work I believe you have a better chance now. One challenge might be if you have to start right away, but getting a job should hopefully be easier.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts