Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I was recently granted a Permanent Visa 189, and I will need to make my first entry before August 25th. I will be able to enter Australia in July, but I will only be staying for a week or so, as I have a lot of things to wrap up here in India. I do plan to move permanently, but it will only happen maybe 2-3 years from now. Will this be allowed, or will the first entry itself have to be for permanent stay?

Secondly, what travel documents will I need to show when I make the entry? Will the grant letter and passport suffice?

Please advise ASAP.
Thanks.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Hi all,

I was recently granted a Permanent Visa 189, and I will need to make my first entry before August 25th. I will be able to enter Australia in July, but I will only be staying for a week or so, as I have a lot of things to wrap up here in India. I do plan to move permanently, but it will only happen maybe 2-3 years from now. Will this be allowed, or will the first entry itself have to be for permanent stay?

Secondly, what travel documents will I need to show when I make the entry? Will the grant letter and passport suffice?

Please advise ASAP.
Thanks.

You can visit within the given date and can enter Australia any number of times before your Visa expiry (ie 5 yrs from the date of Visa grant)

Yes. Grant letter and Passport should be fine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I got visa 190, I am now in Sydney. Do i need to inform my visit to some organisation?
Or if I register only to central link and Medicare is enough?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hi, I got visa 190, I am now in Sydney. Do i need to inform my visit to some organisation?
Or if I register only to central link and Medicare is enough?
Refer to the instructions given to you by your sponsoring state when they nominated you for visa 190.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts