Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Yes you can apply.
Chances are minimal as your edu and job are miles apart. So assessment would be an issue. Moreover, you have 4 years with you and not 6 so RPL will be challenge

Please go through sticky threads for further info.

I am a mechanical engineer. I have been working in a bank since 4 years. Can i apply for PR in Australia??

·
Registered
357 Posts
I am a mechanical engineer. I have been working in a bank since 4 years. Can i apply for PR in Australia??
It depends on your points ultimately and importantly if you can get positive assessment.

Without knowing all your details it is difficult to comment.

Have a very Bright Future!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yes you can apply.
Chances are minimal as your edu and job are miles apart. So assessment would be an issue.
Sorry, that is not correct. Engineers Australia can assess your qualification based on your university education. If you hold a (Bachelor or higher) degree in Mechanical Enginering, you have a good chance of getting a positive outcome with regard to the qualification.

It seems however unlikely that you can claim points for the four years of work experience collected at the bank. You should check if you reach enough points to apply under 189 or 190 without claiming these work experience points.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts