Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1861 - 1880 of 1888 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thank you so much, I am married oo and have included in all my applications my marriage certificate. Will that be a challenge too? Not easy oo and can I use the certificate in the meantime for other transactions? I will go to the page too. Regards Michael
[QUOyoj="a4xiaoxiami, post: 15248337, member: 1678202"]
Congratulations!!

Now that you have graduated from this phase of your immigration (permit application) process, please move to the next phase for discussion about your ID book application here:

In brief, if you are single, you might get your ID book within a month. If you are married, well, my application for an ID book has been sitting at Marriage Section since last year Christmas. So...

Anyway, congratulations once again and see you there.
[/QUOTE]
Thank you so much, I am married oo and have included in all my applications my marriage certificate. Will that be a challenge too? Not easy oo and can I use the certificate in the meantime for other transactions? I will go to the page too. Regards Michael

·
Registered
134 Posts
[/QUOTE]

Please raise your questions regarding ID book application here in future:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Please raise your questions regarding ID book application here in future:

[/QUOTE]
Thank you, I will do that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I applied for a prp under spousal in May 2018. Just got a reply to my email saying application is awaiting approval at DG level.......from another email I was told that application is pending at 5th quality assurance stages I got these emails on the same day. I don't understand guys. How long more to wait

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is to acknowledge receipt of your inquiry in respect of an application for permanent residence. Please be informed that the application is still within the process of adjudication and necessary quality assurance. You will be notified through VFS as soon as it is finalised.
It is hereby acknowledged that the processing of these applications has gone beyond the turn-around time and for that we apologise and submit that it is due to the accrued backlog that the office is working on and the impact of the Covid 19 related operational disruptions that the delays are this long.
We are currently working on a projected plan to resolve the cases at hand by the end of September 2021. You are hereby requested to allow us some time up to 31 August 2021 and follow-up if you have not received any communication from the department or outcome.

·
Registered
280 Posts
That's what I got when I was following up on my spousal PR of June 2017.
I really hope they clear the case on hand by september as they have said but personally I dont trust what DHA. There are no consequences for fulfilling their promises, so they dont care.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I really hope they clear the case on hand by september as they have said but personally I dont trust what DHA. There are no consequences for fulfilling their promises, so they dont care.
I don't trust the DHA either. At first their plan was to clear all backlogs by March 2021, then it went to June and now they say September

·
Registered
134 Posts
I don't trust the DHA either. At first their plan was to clear all backlogs by March 2021, then it went to June and now they say September
Just for your information, I used to apply for Canadian PR in 2005 and had been waiting until 2012 for the decision. And then the Canadian parliament changed the immigration law, which applied retrospectively. The Immigration of Canada returned back our applications with refund for application fee after 7 years' of our waiting. We were told to reapply it under the new requirements of the point-based system.

Many of the applicants won't be able to get enough points in the new system because of the age (7 years older you lose many points), exclusion from the skills list, etc.

There were class law suite with no prevail. Basically, that is the Canadian parliament members' intention to throw out long back-logged PR applications so that the whole immigration system can have a fresh start. Their intention is the law, so no violation. But we just became the victims in the end and paid heavily for it.

Just hope no such thing will ever happen again anywhere in the world.

·
Registered
36 Posts
OK I got my Spousal PR in late April, I have been so busy I have not had time to post...

The Original Application was in November 3rd, 2018.

I hired a Law firm to represent my Application when things stalled beyond a year and a half. I wish I had used them to file the original application instead of doing it myself, maybe I would have gotten it before Lock down...maybe...

We ( my wife and I) tried sending e-mails to the higher ups in DHA. Only my wife got a reply from the then acting DG...then Lock down came and things went quiet. When things opened up my lawyer was able to get a court case on the docket for 7 months out...

I feel for those who don't have the resources to hire a decent law firm...If I had not had a High Court case set for early June 2021, I fear DHA would have not finalized my application.

So to sum up, it took a little over 2 and a Half years...

I hope DHA will be able to keep to the timetable to clear the pending applications, and wish everyone here Success.

·
Registered
1 Posts
OK I got my Spousal PR in late April,
Hi. Could I ask which law firm you used and approximate cost? Our spousal prp was received 6 Nov 2018 and each time I phone they tell me it's still at the same stage of adjudication since end Jan 2019. I email all the time and no response. Contacted presidential hotline Feb 2020 and they are also not getting any response when they request updates

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,
I applied for PRP via spousal route in Aug 2016 no response came back since tgen i have been calling and emailing DHA just be told to carry on calling after every 2 weeks. I stopped calling just few weeks before lock down. After almost 5 years of waiting Yesterday 8 Jun 2021 someone called on my phone to ask to speak to my wife to check wether we are still living together. Any idea how long does supposed to take?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

We applied for the spousal PRP in Oxt 2018.

I got a call from Home Affairs saying that they are passing judgment, and I will be able to collect from VFS a week later.

Later that day i got another call saying that I will have to pay R6000, otherwise, they will put our file at the end of the queue, and we will have to wait.

What can I do about this? How do I take it up?

Or, should I just collect R6000 and send to them. The guy actually gave me his phone number, and told me to contact him soon.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi,

We applied for the spousal PRP in Oxt 2018.

I got a call from Home Affairs saying that they are passing judgment, and I will be able to collect from VFS a week later.

Later that day i got another call saying that I will have to pay R6000, otherwise, they will put our file at the end of the queue, and we will have to wait.

What can I do about this? How do I take it up?

Or, should I just collect R6000 and send to them. The guy actually gave me his phone number, and told me to contact him soon.
I smell a scam, DHA doesn't ask for money telephonically or any money to speed up the process. Don't pay rather enquire at Home Affairs and give them the guys phone number to verity

·
Registered
2 Posts
I smell a scam, DHA doesn't ask for money telephonically or any money to speed up the process. Don't pay rather enquire at Home Affairs and give them the guys phone number to verity
Thanks.

A big conern is if the guy is not from home Affaies, then our personal information is being l leaked

1861 - 1880 of 1888 Posts