Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
2061 - 2080 of 2084 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have checked on VFS website and my visa is ready for collection at VFS (Spouse visa). Applied in Jan 2017. I am not in the country at the moment - please can anyone tell me how long they hold the visa at their offices. Thank you

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good evening everyone.

I have collected my permanent residency today. I applied on the 24th of October 2018. There were no movements done until this year, it is in February that movements happened. And this is because I started calling home affairs and emailing home affairs. In March it moved from first quality assurance to second quality assurance. In May it moved from second to third quality. And finally in July it moved from 3rd quality to 4th quality assurance. On the last week of August, I called home affairs and emailed Mrs Tebogo. And I was told that that my application was on 5th quality assurance. On the 2nd of September my application was sent to Pretoria Oc. On the 3rd of September it was received at the Pretoria OC and was forwarded to vfs. On the 6th of September, it was ready for collection. It has been such an emotional roller-coaster! But, it is thanks to this forum that I have managed to get it. Thank you everyone for sharing emails and information and I wish all the best to those who are still waiting.
Congrats on your PRP. Do you mind sharing the numbers you called for assistance?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry if l may ask when you applied for your PR just trying to see if there is consistency in the application processing.I applied for my PR June 2017 and it’s been 4 years waiting for an outcome
More than 4 years, that's too much. Did you ever try following up on the application? At what stage is it now? I've seen people who applied at the end of 2018 receiving their outcomes. I'm still waiting for mine as well, I applied in January 2018. I call the home affairs weekly but I don't think it's helping. My application has been sitting at the 3rd QA stage since 1 October 2021. So to answer your question, there is no consistency at all.

·
Registered
55 Posts
More than 4 years, that's too much. Did you ever try following up on the application? At what stage is it now? I've seen people who applied at the end of 2018 receiving their outcomes. I'm still waiting for mine as well, I applied in January 2018. I call the home affairs weekly but I don't think it's helping. My application has been sitting at the 3rd QA stage since 1 October 2021. So to answer your question, there is no consistency at all.
Mine has been sitting at 2nd quality assurance since July 2021

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine has been sitting at 2nd quality assurance since July 2021
Hi
Did you try calling DHA
Hi I phoned and all they can tell me is passed the 1at stage only and they will send a message to escalate the issue.l think am going to write an email going forwards like other people who wrote emails on this forum.l am beyond frustrated as l can not get a job because of this

2061 - 2080 of 2084 Posts