Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi... I have been granted WA visa subclass 190 and plan to make first entry to perth soon. I will stay there only for one week. permanan shifting will be after one year. Please advice do I need to get or apply for PR card during my initial entry? I have this question in mind because people who make first entry to canada normally stay there for upto 3 month to get PR card before they return. I will open a bank account in Australia during my stay for a week. Please advice is it compulsory to get PR card before I return back from Australia?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Mate this aint Canada.There is no such thing as a PR card or a green card here in Australia, its all linked electronically to your passport. Once you get you get your visa, you just turn up at any australian airport with your passport and the immigration officer will check your passport to see if you've got a valid visa and after all thats done you'd be let in to the country. thats it
Hope this helps out :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Very useful reply. Thanks Mate.

I am in similar position. We (me and my wife) made initial entry just one week between April 9-15 this year. But we will not move to Australia before Sept 19. About one and half year from now. Should we be concerned for such long gap?

My visa is SI 189, from Bangladesh.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts