Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am 36 my husband 48. I will be commencing training in the U K to become a Mental Health Nurse . The training is 3 years then to qualify for a Permanent Visa I am required to have at least 2/3 years experience in this field.

My big question is I will be 42 and my husband will be 54 by then . Will my husband get in on my visa. Will this plan work?

Any advice welcome .

Kind regards

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi

I am 36 my husband 48. I will be commencing training in the U K to become a Mental Health Nurse . The training is 3 years then to qualify for a Permanent Visa I am required to have at least 2/3 years experience in this field.

My big question is I will be 42 and my husband will be 54 by then . Will my husband get in on my visa. Will this plan work?

Any advice welcome .

Kind regards
Can anyone help or advise any quicker ways P V ??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Problem is they are changing the rules all the time so difficult to say...
Thanks for reply :0) Do you think if I go with the plan above its likely we'd be granted PR and my 54 yr old husband and children can join me . Im undecided which nursing route to take too. I would love to train as a midwife however very competitive in the uk and posts are few and far between - so not guaranteed the 2-3 yrs exp the visa dept ask for. Any ideas ???? We are just so keen but never imagined it would be so difficult and we are not getting any younger. Hope you can helpn :0 (

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Hi Morgana,
You didn't say what nationality you and you husband are, and if you or your husband have ancestral ties to the UK, that would help somebody with more knowledge of immigration like Joppa to be able to answer your question.
I assume from your post that you live in Australia, and want you, your husband and family to come to the UK? Am I correct?
You alone may get a visa if you are undertaking a recognised UK Nursing qualification, but I don't know about your husband, unless he can apply for a UK job as a skilled worker, with skills required by the UK, and get UK company sponsorship, it will strongly depend on ancestry ties to the UK

·
Super Moderator
18,064 Posts
Hi Morgana,
You didn't say what nationality you and you husband are, and if you or your husband have ancestral ties to the UK, that would help somebody with more knowledge of immigration like Joppa to be able to answer your question.
You alone may get a visa if you are undertaking a recognised UK Nursing qualification, but I don't know about your husband, unless he can apply for a UK job as a skilled worker, with skills required by the UK, and get UK company sponsorship.
She's in the wrong forum. She meant to post in the Australia forum.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im sorry we both live in the UK Scotland and looking for PR in Australia. My husbands busines failed three yrs ago due to this awful awful recession.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Sorry this has happened to you Moragana, it was not quite clear on your original post where you came from. I think Joppa the moderator, will transfer you onto the Australian forum. Where you can get more information. Perhaps maybe google Australia house or emigrating to Australia etc for more information on their website. The best of luck.

G

·
Hi

Any advice welcome .

Kind regards
If you are the main applicant your husbands age is irrelevant so long as he meets the other requirements namely health & character.

But the rules change frequently. Dont assume what will get you in now will in 5 years and only study something you really want to do and will be happy doing in the UK for the rest of your life if the rules do change.

ETA ... how old are your kids? Adult children generally cant go on your visa they would need their own uf they qualify. Those over 18 need to be in full time education, single, living in your home (if not studying in uni away from home) and not working up until age 25 when they are no longer dependent even if they are still studying.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts