Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you'd done the same, you'd know that they're only withdrawing a certain size of can that doesn't have Arabic labelling. The vast majority of Coke/Pepsi products currently on sale in Dubai are unaffected.
where have I written anything about sizes.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You didn't, that's what I was getting at. You've insinuated that all cans of Coke/Pepsi products are to be withdrawn. That wasn't what bothered me though, it was your nonsensical use of emoticons.
As long as my thread is following EF rules ,I dont need your bothering ..... As for insinuating ,read again ,the article says 300ml cans are being pulled .. doesnt say partial or full ,& I suppose pepsi doesnt manufacture two different types of 300ml cans

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
What really sucks is that the cans of 300ml rob you of the extra 30ml you should get. Most of the UAE made products are 300ml instead of 330ml and they charge 1.5Dhs, but when in any restaurant, the can goes from AED1.5 to AED10.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What really sucks is that the cans of 300ml rob you of the extra 30ml you should get. Most of the UAE made products are 300ml instead of 330ml and they charge 1.5Dhs, but when in any restaurant, the can goes from AED1.5 to AED10.
Another exampled of being 'robbed politely' is the amount of change (usually in fils) which is not being given by supermarkets ! .......... or otherwise compensated with a chewing-gum pack which many dont need at all

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Tonic? The one which they mix with gin??
Yes. Or drink carbonate water or Perrier-like... Anything to get off the sugar / etc.

My wife did that, but I just quit cold as I was never really into soda.

Living in the US, it is so easy to get hooked as everything is made super easy to drink soda than anything else (i.e. cheap and plentiful).

Soda and sweet iced tea... ;)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.