Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

This topic is to discuss about the traveling and relocation plans to Western Australia.

Guys who have applied or have got the grant for WA, please update your details.
-------------

I am thinking of migrating to OZ in mid of December (I know its not a good time) I would be in Melbourne with my brother for some 3-5 days and then going to Adelaide and would be staying with my friend for some 8-10 days. Probably in January first week, I would be in Perth - by this time I will be arranging for an accommodation.

I am having 2+ months for initial job hunt and forwarding my resume and approaching to recruiters etc. IF I get some interview calls it would be great or else will directly land in Perth and hunt for a job.

This is the plan as of now!

Reactions: raj333

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Hello all,

This topic is to discuss about the traveling and relocation plans to Western Australia.

Guys who have applied or have got the grant for WA, please update your details.
-------------

I am thinking of migrating to OZ in mid of December (I know its not a good time) I would be in Melbourne with my brother for some 3-5 days and then going to Adelaide and would be staying with my friend for some 8-10 days. Probably in January first week, I would be in Perth - by this time I will be arranging for an accommodation.

I am having 2+ months for initial job hunt and forwarding my resume and approaching to recruiters etc. IF I get some interview calls it would be great or else will directly land in Perth and hunt for a job.

This is the plan as of now!
Hello Vijay24,
Is your plan working regarding Job hunt in Perth ?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hey all...zip....zap...zoooommm....less than a month for me to land in Perth!! One half (Part A) of my brain is excited about the new land, culture, place, food and lots to explore!! The other half (Part B) of my brain is hanging on to the job hunt section. For now Part A is louder than Part B, but I am sure once I land in Perth, Part B will irritate me a lot.

My Heart saying to my Brain Part B: 95% of PR holders go and search for a job there. out of which 90% of them manage to secure one in 3-4 months. So you both guys (Part A and Part B of brain) are not so bad that no one in Perth would recognize you. Moreover, in India we have 30% unemployment, still you guys have a job. In Oz, unemployment is 5% so again you both are not too bad to be in those 5%.

I know Heart never talks about numbers, brain does. But not sure why they have just interchanged their own positions and fighting with each other. Now a days, I am used to it and don't care much on their loud screams!!!

Reactions: mithu93ku

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello Vijay24,
Is your plan working regarding Job hunt in Perth ?
Hi Mithu,

I am already researching about the job options and sending emails to recruiters and companies. I have bookmarked few company details of my domain. And I will start approaching once I reach Perth!

As of now no response from any recruiters cos I am still in India and they don't like wasting time to talk to people who are abroad.

Will see how it goes once I land in Perth

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey all...zip....zap...zoooommm....less than a month for me to land in Perth!! One half (Part A) of my brain is excited about the new land, culture, place, food and lots to explore!! The other half (Part B) of my brain is hanging on to the job hunt section. For now Part A is louder than Part B, but I am sure once I land in Perth, Part B will irritate me a lot.

My Heart saying to my Brain Part B: 95% of PR holders go and search for a job there. out of which 90% of them manage to secure one in 3-4 months. So you both guys (Part A and Part B of brain) are not so bad that no one in Perth would recognize you. Moreover, in India we have 30% unemployment, still you guys have a job. In Oz, unemployment is 5% so again you both are not too bad to be in those 5%.

I know Heart never talks about numbers, brain does. But not sure why they have just interchanged their own positions and fighting with each other. Now a days, I am used to it and don't care much on their loud screams!!!

All will be well mate! :) See you soon!

Reactions: mithu93ku
1 - 6 of 6 Posts