Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1161 - 1171 of 1171 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
AUD 50 to 60K? :shocked:

How long do you think will it take for any one of you to find a job? 50K could help you survive for a few years living in a shared accommodation. But of course is subjective depending on what you plan on doing with your money- live frugally or spend on leisure, an expensive car, etc.
Ah, yes, AUD, but i mean, the idea is to expend the minimum until we get a job and save the rest.

I hope it doesn't take too long, like no more than 3 months, just preparing for the worst scenario i guess.

Thank you! :D

·
Registered
135 Posts
Australia is a bad choice for savings. Interest rates are lowest ever. I suggest you compare them against what you may get in your home country and decide accordingly.
Yeah just noticed that while looking into savings accounts there.

Nice tip thank you!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have moved to Adelaide a couple of months ago, but still can't get a job. I am in IT but seems this place has not many IT jobs for temporary visa holders. From another side, all big companies are elsewhere, no matter what visa you have.

I still need 9 months of fulltime job to meet the PR requirement. Please advise how to get a job here. I found other topics about the job search, but nothing finally helps. I get interview invitations sometimes, but never it ended up with an offer.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Adelaide will be better place than Melbourne if u have job. If you want sharing accommodation nr transport then u can contact me to help you
Thanx mate.. i secured a job in adelaide . All references were checked but they stopped recruitment due to corona virus.. so signed a lease for 1 year with rental.. again stuck in melbourne.. was trying to secure job since 2 years... nyway will try again when every thing gets back to normal

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
549 Posts
I have moved to Adelaide a couple of months ago, but still can't get a job. I am in IT but seems this place has not many IT jobs for temporary visa holders. From another side, all big companies are elsewhere, no matter what visa you have.

I still need 9 months of fulltime job to meet the PR requirement. Please advise how to get a job here. I found other topics about the job search, but nothing finally helps. I get interview invitations sometimes, but never it ended up with an offer.
Hi YOGansta,

I would suggest keep on trying for any job that you get. IT is just a different and difficult time. All the best.

Regards

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi All

I got my PR(190) on last December and planning for Initial Entry ASAP once the covid19 situation is bit settled.

Is it recommended to stay in Adelaide with current conditions?I am in IT and have more than 10 years of experience.While reading the forum, it seems to find a job in IT is bit difficult

Please let me know your views.

I tried applying from offshore but still could not able to secure a job.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hi All

I got my PR(190) on last December and planning for Initial Entry ASAP once the covid19 situation is bit settled.

Is it recommended to stay in Adelaide with current conditions?I am in IT and have more than 10 years of experience.While reading the forum, it seems to find a job in IT is bit difficult

Please let me know your views.

I tried applying from offshore but still could not able to secure a job.

If you are state nominated then it is your duty to stay in SA for first 2 years. There are jobs in the market and you need to explore it well through networks, the early you start the better.

Also , please don’t hesitate to work in other field as it will help you gain the valuable local experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: akalankasl

·
Registered
3 Posts
After hearing your story of the journey, it seems that settled down to another country is quite difficult. Well, all the best to you for a happy & successful life ahead in Adelaide.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello guys,
I got my 190 visa and I plan on moving to Adelaide once flights are available. I wouldn't mind connecting with other residents.
Thanks.

1161 - 1171 of 1171 Posts