Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question regarding to entitlement of UK citizens who live outside the UK once they have retired.

If i were to retire and live outside the UK (say somewhere in EU) for most of the year. So long as I've paid a minimum 30 years tax/NI would I still be entitled for the full UK state pension?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Unless the rules have changed in the last four years; yes, of course. Even if you haven't paid the minimum you can make it up with a lump sum, as I did.

From next year, it will be 35 years.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
But unless you stay in the Uk, the value may be 'fixed' at value in Sterling and not increase when other UK domiciled pensioners see increases, depending upon which country you live in.

But whatever you do, DO NOT SEEK ADVICE FROM ANY PARTY IN THE UAE !

Use a Uk advisor and avoid the parasites here calling themselves wealth management companies.

·
Super Moderator
12,544 Posts
Use a Uk advisor and avoid the parasites here calling themselves wealth management companies.
we have loads of them here in Cyprus too:rolleyes: Parasites, every one of them. Their advice is based on where they can make the most commission, regardless of whether it is the best thing for the customer or not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts