Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have just got back from the new Peking Chinese restaurant in Katameya downtown - they have moved from 7 stars mall.

anyway the food was great - lovely place to eat:clap2:

we also love the Italian at the JW Marriott and the Indian at the Karvin.

any recommendations of good places to eat

·
Registered
30 Posts
I find Thai Elephant in Zamalek to be pretty good. I like much of the Jo Sushi menu too. It's relatively cheap. The Maki is really good (especially Volcano maki) but the sashimi is not so much up to par. I got something at Aubergine resembling Weiner Schnitzel the other day that was one of the best meals I've had in Egypt. Still, that menu is also a little hit-or-miss.

These are all places I like to walk to from my apartment in Zamalek.

I haven't yet found a restaurant with a "go there, order anything off the menu, you'll love it" rating yet.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thai Elephant is at the intersection of Mohamed Mazar and Ismail Mohammed. The ambience is great and the food and service are pretty good too.

I only go to Aubergine after 8 when the upstairs is open. But I like smokey loud bars, with good food. Those without are easy to find in Egypt and will be fine for me often. We may have a different taste when it comes to favorite spots.

Never smelled wet carpets there. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised, just because.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts