Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is PCC (Police Clearance or Good Conduct Certificate) given by Dubai police acceptable for the Australia Immigration or Certificate from UAE Ministry of Interior is required.

As per the DIBP website link below both are alternative options, however there is a requirement that in order to get PCC a letter from DIBP is also required.

But Dubai police does not ask for any letter from DIBP.

https://www.border.gov.au/Lega/Lega/Help/Location/uae

Any one who has recently obtained and utilized Dubai PCC for immigration and its result/acceptability?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yes , the Pcc issued from Dubai police is accepted. Either you apply online or get it in person. Service is quick and efficient. We got ours sorted from Muraqqbat police station. We paid the fees and the PCC was sent to us via email. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes , the Pcc issued from Dubai police is accepted. Either you apply online or get it in person. Service is quick and efficient. We got ours sorted from Muraqqbat police station. We paid the fees and the PCC was sent to us via email. Hope this helps.
Thanks.

The service is really quick, u are right, I applied last Wednesday and got it one day later by email. When did you utilized this?, like how many months before. Because someone applied for 457 visa, in which it was not accepted recently and asked for UAE interior ministry certificate. Anyways, I will try first the Dubai PCC, bcoz maybe requirements for 457 visa are different from 189.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hey AK. I got the PCC processed online from the Dubai Police site. DIBP accepted without any issues. Not sure why for 489 your friend's was declined.

Reactions: AKExpat

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey AK. I got the PCC processed online from the Dubai Police site. DIBP accepted without any issues. Not sure why for 489 your friend's was declined.
Thanks, it was 457 temporary visa which is employer sponsored. Actually, the employer wants from UAE and not from Dubai, as they don't want to take the risk and submit that to DIBP.

This maybe a requirement from the employer and not DIBP.

Thanks both for your help, I will submit Dubai PCC then.

·
Registered
52 Posts
related question guys, usually what should written in the address of PCC letter,

is it for example addressed to: "To whom may concern" or there is standard precise address name for each example when apply to Australian immigration or / Canada Immigration purposes, in sense what exactly for Australia?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
related question guys, usually what should written in the address of PCC letter,

is it for example addressed to: "To whom may concern" or there is standard precise address name for each example when apply to Australian immigration or / Canada Immigration purposes, in sense what exactly for Australia?
Well if the issuing country have this option then its better. Like in my certificate DIBP is mentioned.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well if the issuing country have this option then its better. Like in my certificate DIBP is mentioned.
So, as per my understanding the right address which should be mentioned in UAE PCC will Addressed to : ( Australian Government - Department of Immigration and Border Protection)

Right?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So, as per my understanding the right address which should be mentioned in UAE PCC will Addressed to : ( Australian Government - Department of Immigration and Border Protection)

Right?
This is what is written in the UAE PCC.

Issued to: Australia Government Department Of Immigration And Border Protection

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks.

The service is really quick, u are right, I applied last Wednesday and got it one day later by email. When did you utilized this?, like how many months before. Because someone applied for 457 visa, in which it was not accepted recently and asked for UAE interior ministry certificate. Anyways, I will try first the Dubai PCC, bcoz maybe requirements for 457 visa are different from 189.
I also provided DIBP Dubai Police, Good character certificate for my 190 application. They refused to accept saying that they need the one from Ministry of Interior. I sent them my tenancy contract showing that I am a Dubai Resident but they are still asking for it. When I am applying through MOI online application, to create a new ID. It's not accepting my Emirates ID saying it's invalid. I went to residency and foreigners affairs department in Jafiliya as instructed by MOI, they directed me to another department. You know how it is, if you get stuck in UAE for some thing, you are in for a long haul. I was wondering if you can guide me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I also provided DIBP Dubai Police, Good character certificate for my 190 application. They refused to accept saying that they need the one from Ministry of Interior. I sent them my tenancy contract showing that I am a Dubai Resident but they are still asking for it. When I am applying through MOI online application, to create a new ID. It's not accepting my Emirates ID saying it's invalid. I went to residency and foreigners affairs department in Jafiliya as instructed by MOI, they directed me to another department. You know how it is, if you get stuck in UAE for some thing, you are in for a long haul. I was wondering if you can guide me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.
I have not obtained MOI certificate, and have submitted Dubai PCC only about 15 days ago while lodging visa. I have attached my visa copy stamped on passport which says place of issue is Dubai. For me also its not accepting EID. This is alarming for me also, bcoz for many people they have accepted this also.

They have refused you on which date? Your visa is also of Dubai?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have not obtained MOI certificate, and have submitted Dubai PCC only about 15 days ago while lodging visa. I have attached my visa copy stamped on passport which says place of issue is Dubai. For me also its not accepting EID. This is alarming for me also, bcoz for many people they have accepted this also.

They have refused you on which date? Your visa is also of Dubai?
They earlier mentioned that PCC provided is not in the correct format and then due to our child birth, the case was put on hold and our PCC (same Good character certificate from Dubai Police) got expired. Recently, after the birth of my son I provided them again with the online Dubai Police Good character certificate and this time, they mentioned MOI PCC is needed. My visa is also from Dubai, that's the reason of providing them Dubai Police Good character certificate. I sent them several links where it shows that's it's acceptable. I provided them, my tenancy contract as well which is also from Dubai. I don't know why they are not accepting. I have sent them several emails but they are not responding. I am meanwhile trying to get MOI PCC in order to save some time. What's your case?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They earlier mentioned that PCC provided is not in the correct format and then due to our child birth, the case was put on hold and our PCC (same Good character certificate from Dubai Police) got expired. Recently, after the birth of my son I provided them again with the online Dubai Police Good character certificate and this time, they mentioned MOI PCC is needed. My visa is also from Dubai, that's the reason of providing them Dubai Police Good character certificate. I sent them several links where it shows that's it's acceptable. I provided them, my tenancy contract as well which is also from Dubai. I don't know why they are not accepting. I have sent them several emails but they are not responding. I am meanwhile trying to get MOI PCC in order to save some time. What's your case?
I have just lodged my visa 15 days before so didn't have idea of this. Anyways, I will check from other people, but mostly its acceptable what I have heard but maybe CO matters also. I think I should wait till CO contact bcoz it seems MOI certificate is not easy to get as you said. I assume on your certificate also Issue to: DIBP Australia is written. Btw I have front loaded all the documents while lodging visa.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sorry if I am posting it in a wrong place, but I couldn’t find any other thread for the query.
I am working in Dubai. In my previous co. I was working as an accountant, but my employment contact shows as Archive clerk. Is it ok to submit the employment contract or will it be a problem since my experience certificate shows as Accountant and contract as Archive clerk.

Can somebody guide me above pls…..

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Sorry if I am posting it in a wrong place, but I couldn’t find any other thread for the query.
I am working in Dubai. In my previous co. I was working as an accountant, but my employment contact shows as Archive clerk. Is it ok to submit the employment contract or will it be a problem since my experience certificate shows as Accountant and contract as Archive clerk.

Can somebody guide me above pls…..
What happened with this case. I want to know this from curiosity?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts