Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the 176 visa checklist, it says to "not apply for your police clearance until requested to do so". I was hoping to go ahead and request it before we file for our 176, as in the US it takes up to 8 weeks to get back.

Here's the link to the 176 checklist:
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/176_checklist.pdf

I've read a lot of posts about "front loading" the PCC, so it seems like it should be ok. Have any of you had issues with requesting the PCC before DIAC requested it of you?

Side note: I know the deal re: entry dates - will be one year from date of either PCC or medicals (whichever comes first) - this is fine for us, because we'd really like to move before the end of the year (if we get our visa).

·
Registered
351 Posts
You should just proceed with doing that. The cost of getting the PCCs would likely not be that much compared to the medicals. I had waited for the CO to let me know and my application was delayed until I got the FBI clearance. But I applied for visa 175 which I think visa 176 is processed faster? Athough, it really didn't take too long compared to the timelines people have posted.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I think I'm going to submit mine too. I'm just waiting for the next updates. But if they're still up to June, then I'm not doing it. (I'm priority 4)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.